[QGIS-Developer] About dialogue: QGIS code revision vs QGIS code branch

[QGIS-Developer] About dialogue: QGIS code revision vs QGIS code branch

Neumann, Andreas

Hi,

In the QGIS about dialogue I can see the QGIS code revision (e.g. on the QGIS master nightlies).

I noticed, on another machine, a self compiled QGIS, that I don't see the code revision, but it only displays a "QGIS code branch" instead, with "Release 2.99" as the value.

Does this mean something is busted with my git repo? "git log" shows that I am at the newest revision, but I would really like to know what exact code revision my self-compiled version is running, to double check if I am really running the very latest revision.

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: About dialogue: QGIS code revision vs QGIS code branch

Régis Haubourg
Hi, same here.
Previously, it pointed out to the commit url on github, something must be broken now it tries to display the branch name.

Régis

In the QGIS about dialogue I can see the QGIS code revision (e.g. on the QGIS master nightlies).

I noticed, on another machine, a self compiled QGIS, that I don't see the code revision, but it only displays a "QGIS code branch" instead, with "Release 2.99" as the value.

Does this mean something is busted with my git repo? "git log" shows that I am at the newest revision, but I would really like to know what exact code revision my self-compiled version is running, to double check if I am really running the very latest revision.

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: About dialogue: QGIS code revision vs QGIS code branch

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Andreas,

On Mon, 17. Jul 2017 at 14:16:36 +0200, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> I noticed, on another machine, a self compiled QGIS, that I don't see
> the code revision, but it only displays a "QGIS code branch" instead,
> with "Release 2.99" as the value.

Please verify with bcc8e90640d.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: About dialogue: QGIS code revision vs QGIS code branch

Neumann, Andreas

Hi Jürgen,

thx for the fix.

Unfortunately I now get a crash during startup after I compiled the newest version ;-)

QGIS died on signal 11. Could not attach to process. There is some more stuff in the error message. Not sure if it is relevant.

I did a "ninja clean" to make sure there is no old stuff around that may cause the crash.

Andreas

Re: About dialogue: QGIS code revision vs QGIS code branch

Neumann, Andreas

Hi Jürgen,

I updated some system libs (C-stuff) in Kubuntu and now QGIS starts again without a crash. The code revision displays fine again.

So apparently it was a temporary problem in my local system and is fixed now.

Thanks again,

Andreas

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/bugreporting.html#creating-a-backtrace

> I did a "ninja clean" to make sure there is no old stuff around that may
> cause the crash.

Maybe. It doesn't crash here.

Jürgen