QGIS Crash - trying to send bugreport...

QGIS Crash - trying to send bugreport...

Lene Fischer

Hi,

Using QGIS 3.2 I suddenly get a lot of crashes  - and I´m trying to figure out what might cause the problem.

Is it the plugin or is it my data or …

Now I would like to send a bug report, but I have forgot my username and password – silly me.

I don´t get any help at the login page and I can´t find help anywhere else – so the simplest thing would be just forgetting to make a report. I´m sure most people would think so.

If we want bug reporting from ordinary users – then me have to use another user friendly platform eg GitLab.

I do know it´s not a simple thing to change system – but this is an issue that need to be taken serious!

Regards

Lene Fischer

Associate Professor

University of Copenhagen

Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management

Forest and Landscape College

Nødebovej 77a

3480 Fredensborg

Denmark

Re: QGIS Crash - trying to send bugreport...

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 07/08/2018 09:00 AM, Lene Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using QGIS 3.2 I suddenly get a lot of crashes  - and I´m trying to
> figure out what might cause the problem.
>
> Is it the plugin or is it my data or …
>
> Now I would like to send a bug report, but I have forgot my username and
> password – silly me.
>
> I don´t get any help at the login page and I can´t find help anywhere
> else – so the simplest thing would be just forgetting to make a report.
> I´m sure most people would think so.
>
> If we want bug reporting from ordinary users – then me have to use
> another user friendly platform eg GitLab.
>
> I do know it´s not a simple thing to change system – but this is an
> issue that need to be taken serious!

Hi Lene,

I had a look, your userid is a osgeo-userid (so you can also login with
it in the plugins website, and several osgeo services).

To reset your password (and receive a reset link), go to:
https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/reset

To update other osgeo-info (after you login), go to
https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/edit

Hope this helps.

We had already long discussions about changing issue trackers, see older
threads: short version: unless somebody takes up the lead and creates a
firm plan to move, we will not move. There are some tests going on, but
we are not in a hurry.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde