QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX unstable, have to re-install

QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX unstable, have to re-install

b.j.kobben

Anyone else has the problem of QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX (10.13.6) becoming unstable regularly.?

It’s worse than plain unstable, it does not want to start at all anymore (MacOS message ”QGIS quit unexpectedly”). The only thing that remedies this  is re-installing, or throwing the whole QGIS settings [in Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3] away, which basically comes down to reinstalling, as all settings are gone then.

yours

--

Barend Köbben

Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS

PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)

ITC Building (room 1-065)

@barendkobben

+31-(0)53 4874 253

Re: QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX unstable, have to re-install

Andrew Grant-Adamson
I have a similar set up QGIS 3.2.2 on mac 10.13.6 and have been getting “quit unexpectedly” message after closing QGIS properly. I click “ignore” but otherwise QGIS is behaving well with the exception of sometimes displaying a map in only a small part of the window which is a known bug and there is a workaround.

But I am only learning QGIS so I am probably asking much less of it than your are.

Andrew Grant-Adamson

On 28 Sep 2018, at 15:41, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Anyone else has the problem of QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX (10.13.6) becoming unstable regularly.?

It’s worse than plain unstable, it does not want to start at all anymore (MacOS message ”QGIS quit unexpectedly”). The only thing that remedies this  is re-installing, or throwing the whole QGIS settings [in Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3] away, which basically comes down to reinstalling, as all settings are gone then.

yours

--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS
PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)
ITC Building (room 1-065)
@barendkobben
+31-(0)53 4874 253

Re: QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX unstable, have to re-install

Clifford Snow
3.2.3 is working fine on my mac. The Mac is running High Sierra.

 I would recommend completely reinstalling it and all the dependencies as you suggested. Under QGIS 2.18 the setting were in the users home directory. I think your settings are kept in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Applications Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles. Which might indicate that the settings would be retained on a reinstall.

Best,
Clifford

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Anyone else has the problem of QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX (10.13.6) becoming unstable regularly.?

It’s worse than plain unstable, it does not want to start at all anymore (MacOS message ”QGIS quit unexpectedly”). The only thing that remedies this  is re-installing, or throwing the whole QGIS settings [in Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3] away, which basically comes down to reinstalling, as all settings are gone then.

yours

--

Barend Köbben

Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS

PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)

ITC Building (room 1-065)

@barendkobben

+31-(0)53 4874 253

@osm_seattle