QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX also fails all GDAL

QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX also fails all GDAL

b.j.kobben

It’s getting worse, now all my GDAL commands down’t waork anymore:

GDAL command output:

/bin/sh: gdal_merge.py: command not found

But when I type “gdal_merge.py” in my terminal, it works fine...

--

Barend Köbben

On 28/09/2018, 16:42, "Qgis-user on behalf of [hidden email]" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

Anyone else has the problem of QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX (10.13.6) becoming unstable regularly.?

It’s worse than plain unstable, it does not want to start at all anymore (MacOS message ”QGIS quit unexpectedly”). The only thing that remedies this  is re-installing, or throwing the whole QGIS settings [in Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3] away, which basically comes down to reinstalling, as all settings are gone then.

yours

--

Barend Köbben

Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS

PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)

ITC Building (room 1-065)

@barendkobben

+31-(0)53 4874 253

DT

Re: QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX also fails all GDAL

DT
This might be an issue with not having the proper paths in QGIS settings.  Have you followed this section from the install readme?

External Program Paths

QGIS 3 does not find external tools needed for Processing.  Some configuration options are missing.  A workaround is to use QGIS custom variables.  Open QGIS Preferences System.

- Under the Environment section, turn on Use Custom Variables.

- Add (+) a variable

- Select Prepend from the Apply popup

- Enter PATH for the variable

- For the Value enter:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/2.2/Programs:

- Quit QGIS 3 and start it again