QGIS 3.0 call for documentation assistance

QGIS 3.0 call for documentation assistance

Jo Cook
Hi List,

This article http://blog.qgis.org/2017/12/04/documentation-for-qgis-3-0-call-for-contributions/ landed in my feed reader the other day, and I thought I'd share it with the OSGeo:UK list. It's a great and easy opportunity for people who don't consider themselves to be coders to contribute to the project and really make a difference.

In a nutshell, if you're playing with the 3.0 release, then take a look at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22QGIS+3.0%22, which is an autogenerated list of the new features in 3.0. Take a look, particularly at the issues labelled "Easy" and see if you can simply add some prose to the issue to explain how the new feature works.

To reiterate- if you would like to contribute, but don't think you're a coder, this is an immensely valuable way of helping.

All the best

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.