QGIS 2 master on Windows: lots of crashes when using the color picker dialog

QGIS 2 master on Windows: lots of crashes when using the color picker dialog

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

I noticed that I quite often get crashes in QGIS 2 master when I use the color picker. This is when I open the layer properties, change a style, open the color dialogue, close it with "ok" and crash. It is quite reproducable - happens almost always. I doesn't seem to happen when I use the same color dialogue from the styling dock.

Can others confirm this issue? If yes, I will open an issue (severe, because of the crash).

I don't know what other information I can provide?

Here is an animated gif showing what I do to get the crash: http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/qgis-crash-color-dialog.gif

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: QGIS 2 master on Windows: lots of crashes when using the color picker dialog

Tom Chadwin
Confirmed with 0497e4a. Could it be limited to categorized renderers? Specifically, in my tests:

1. does *not* occur with single symbol or graduated renderer
2. in categorized renderer, does *not* occur if double click category icon in ToC
3. in categorized renderer *does* occur if click layer (not category) in ToC

Is that what others experience?

Tom

Re: QGIS 2 master on Windows: lots of crashes when using the color picker dialog

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your tests. It is encouraging that others can reproduce. This justifies that I'll do a bug report.

Meanwhile I also tested on Linux and it behaves the same like the Windows version. More comments below.

On 2016-09-28 10:42, Tom Chadwin wrote:

Confirmed with 0497e4a. Could it be limited to categorized renderers?
Specifically, in my tests:

1. does *not* occur with single symbol or graduated renderer

I can confirm that. It happens for categorized and for rule based renderers, but not for single symbol or graduated renderers.

2. in categorized renderer, does *not* occur if double click category icon
in ToC

confirmed

Here is my bug report: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/15634

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: QGIS 2 master on Windows: lots of crashes when using the color picker dialog

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 28. Sep 2016 at 17:00:09 +0200, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> I can confirm that. It happens for categorized and for rule based renderers,
> but not for single symbol or graduated renderers.

I also noticed a crash, when using identify on certain categorized layers.
That's fixed - maybe your problem is/was related.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: QGIS 2 master on Windows: lots of crashes when using the color picker dialog

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Jürgen,

Are you referring to https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/c7c52442f71a6a17ea1ad97e741b2b4b6d51f698 ?

I just compiled the latest 2x version and the crash still happens ;-(

Thanks,

Andreas

On Wed, 28. Sep 2016 at 17:46:55 +0200, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Are you referring to
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/c7c52442f71a6a17ea1ad97e741b2b4b6d51f698
> ?

Yes.

> I just compiled the latest 2x version and the crash still happens ;-(

Sorry for the noise then.

Jürgen