QGIS 2.14 LTR

npru
QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any information when it will be availlable?

Cheers, Niko

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

RunnymedeGIS

It is available at OSGEO:

Windows (http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/windows/) – go up to the parent directory for other platforms

Chris

QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any information when it will be availlable?

Cheers, Niko

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

Nathan Woodrow

Just so people are aware of the process.  The count down on the website doesn't always mean the packages will be ready on release date, that is only the date/time that the code will be unfroozen and packages will begin being made.  Some packages can take longer then others before they are up on the website, OS X for example.    There is no "official" release until the banner is changed on qgis.org and announcement is made on the mailing lists/twitter, etc.

Packages are being made and will be up on the website when ready, best advice is to keep an eye there.  You can normally get the builds from OSGeo4W if using Windows, however until the packages are out that isn't an official version even if on version 2.14, last minute changes might still need to happen.

Regards,

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Nikolaus Pruzsinszky <[hidden email]> wrote:
QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any information when it will be availlable?

Cheers, Niko

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

Vicent García

What about Linux?

Cheers

Vicent.

QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any information when it will be availlable?

Cheers, Niko

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

macho
Hi!

Even on Linux, depending on the Distibution you use, it might take a
while until first packages hit the repository servers.
Sometimes it helps to add an "add-on repository server" in case of
ubuntu -> ubuntugis.

Other distributions might follow this scheme too.
(But with Linux you always have the chance to compile the version you
want by yourself ;) )

regards
Werner

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Vicent García
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> What about Linux?
>
> Cheers
>
> Vicent.

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

Andre Joost
Am 29.02.2016 um 12:29 schrieb Vicent García:
> What about Linux?

My Linux Mint did the update to 2.14 this morning.
Using qgis.org with ubuntugis dependencies from the previous 2.12 install.

HTH,
André Joost

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Nikolaus,

On Mon, 29. Feb 2016 at 12:13:00 +0100, Nikolaus Pruzsinszky wrote:
> QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any
> information when it will be availlable?

The release was done on friday [0].  The packages for Debian/Ubuntu and Windows
are ready, now there are some pending website updates (changelog) and then the
release will be announced.

Jürgen

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/654fabde02232f523502a5bc3f7fced1b156c92b

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

Uwe Fischer

Hello list,

is there something like a changelog or release notes for 2.14 LTR? Especially, I’d like to know if shapefile editing now is reliable and the problems in deleting shapes have been solved.

I did not find anything in the web googling „QGIS 2.14 changelog“ or „release notes“.

Thanks again to the development team for the best GIS ever!

Best regards,

Uwe Fischer

QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any information when it will be availlable?

Cheers, Niko

Re: QGIS 2.14 LTR

Saber Razmjooei

Hi Uwe,

Best to check with the bug tracker:

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11007

Also, it will help the overall quality of the software, if you run “master” and check the old bugs and help identifying the new ones.

Cheers,

Saber

QGIS 2.14 (the new LTR) should have come out last friday. Is there any information when it will be availlable?

Cheers, Niko

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Whilst reasonable care has been taken to avoid virus transmission, no responsibility for viruses is taken and it is your responsibility to carry out such checks as you feel appropriate.

If this email contains a quote or offer to sell products, carry out work or perform services then our standard terms and conditions shall apply unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Saber Razmjooei and Peter Wells trading as Lutra Consulting.

QGIS releases announced too early IMHO

b.j.kobben
Hi Nathan,

You state that "There is no "official" release until the banner is changed on qgis.org and announcement is made on the mailing lists/twitter, etc.". Well, that has happened now, but the KyngChaos site for Mac OSX still has 2.12.

That is NOT a negative comment on that site, but it would be much nicer if the official release messages did not go out until AFTER all packagers have done their (great and much appreciated) work...

Barend

--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente

On 29/02/16 12:31, "Nathan Woodrow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Re: QGIS releases announced too early IMHO

Nathan Woodrow
Hi,

It would be ideal however packages are maintained by different people due to the complexity of said task.  Windows and major linux distros are done by Jurgen our release manager, hence why they come out right on time.  I suspect in the future we will have build bots for each platform but at this point OS X is still the outliner and requires some domain knowledge for packaging only a few have.

They normally don't take long to be made so just hold tight.

Regards,

On Wed, 02. Mar 2016 at 22:33:28 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> I suspect in the future we will have build bots for each platform but at this
> point OS X is still the outliner and requires some domain knowledge for
> packaging only a few have.

First of all it requires a Mac.

Jürgen

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Jürgen E. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nathan,

On Wed, 02. Mar 2016 at 22:33:28 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> I suspect in the future we will have build bots for each platform but at this
> point OS X is still the outliner and requires some domain knowledge for
> packaging only a few have.

First of all it requires a Mac.

 Yeah.  I think Apple is doing something on this front, but that is the main point in the end.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. <a href="tel:%2B49-4931-918175-31" value="+49493191817531">+49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. <a href="tel:%2B49-4931-918175-50" value="+49493191817550">+49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

Re: QGIS releases announced too early IMHO

Brent Wood-2
Despite being a non-Mac user, I respectfully disagree....

Mainstream users should not have to wait until packages for ALL systems have been built. Some minor ports may take someone a while to complete - & others need not be waiting on this.

A QGIS release announcement is NOT a promise that every OS out there will have a new package ready to go at the same time... It says only that the developers of the Open Source package QGIS have a new set of Open Source for people to access & use.

I believe the wider user community are incredibly well served by both the devs & the packagers (as a user of Windows, Ubuntu (dev version) & OpenSuse packages) and would like express my appreciation here!!

If a packager has not built you a package when you want, compile it from the new source - that is what open source is fundamentally about. Though personally I, being lazy & not a dev by any means, just wait for the package except on Ubuntu (actually Mint) where my desire to play with the bleeding edge is enabled by the the nightly dev build - a wonderful resource!

That said, I see that the response is to try & do better - we cannot ask for more :-)

Cheers

Brent Wood