QGIS 0.8 Preview 1 : ECW?

Fabrice-8

Hi,

I have just have a quick look to QGIS 0.8 Preview 1, Windows version.

It seem a great release ! Congratulations.

But I can’t open ECW files as I did with 7.4.

Will ECW files be available in final 0.8 ?

It would also be great if QGis could manage raster catalogs, just as Mapserver does.

We use a lot of TIF images, and adding the images 1 by one is a pain.

Thanks !

Fabrice

Re: QGIS 0.8 Preview 1 : ECW?

Gary Sherman-2
Thevenon Fabrice wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have just have a quick look to QGIS 0.8 Preview 1, Windows version.
>
> It seem a great release ! Congratulations.
>

> But I can’t open ECW files as I did with 7.4.
>
> Will ECW files be available in final 0.8 ?
>

> It would also be great if QGis could manage raster catalogs, just as
> Mapserver does.
>
> We use a lot of TIF images, and adding the images 1 by one is a pain.

This is a feature we hope to include in 0.9.

--
-gary

Re: QGIS 0.8 Preview 1 : ECW?

Maciek Sieczka
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:49:09 +0200
"Thevenon Fabrice" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It would also be great if QGis could manage raster catalogs, just as
> Mapserver does.
>
> We use a lot of TIF images, and adding the images 1 by one is a pain.

You can always use ctrl+a in the raster file selection window to load
all files from the current directory. Left mouse button + shift/ctrl
let's you select/deselect groups of files also.

(I'd love to see the QGIS support wildcards though, like OpenEV does).

Maciek