QGIS 0.8.1 preview 3 available (windows)

QGIS 0.8.1 preview 3 available (windows)

Tim Sutton
Hi All

I've made a new review release for the upcoming QGIS 0.8.1 release.
The 0.8.1 release will be primarily a bugfix release. There are two
notable new features though:

* Many GRASS modules have been added to the GRASS toolbox
* The launcher plugin has been added to the list of available plugins

There have been various other tweaks, bug fixes and improvements.
Before installing I suggest you remove any previously installed copy
of QGIS, or install into a separate directory. If you don't do this,
you may find you get duplicated plugins dues to some changes that have
been made in the build process.

Download is available here:

http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/testbuilds/qgis_setup0.8.1preview3.exe (~51mb)

Many thanks to those who have been actively working on getting 0.8.1
release ready - its much appreciated!

If you encounter any issues, please let us know via the bug tracker at:

https://svn.qgis.org/trac/

Please mark you bugs as Version 0.8.1 Milestone 0.8.1. Any bugs deemed
by us as not critical for this release will be bumped over to
milestone 0.8.2 since preview3 will (barring calamity) be the last
review before 0.8.1 comes out.

Please do not email issues directly to us as its difficult to manage
problem reports via email - use the bug tracker rather.

Regards

Tim Sutton

Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: [hidden email]
Yahoo: [hidden email]
Jabber: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.8.1 preview 3 available (windows)

Magnus Homann
Tim Sutton wrote:

> There have been various other tweaks, bug fixes and improvements.
> Before installing I suggest you remove any previously installed copy
> of QGIS, or install into a separate directory. If you don't do this,
> you may find you get duplicated plugins dues to some changes that have
> been made in the build process.

Also the wrong providers can be picked up if you don't remove the old
ones. I suggest *it is mandatory* instead of a suggestion to remove the
old installation or install to new directory.

It is due to the CMake build system using other names.

Magnus
--
Magnus Homann
[hidden email]