QAD plugin QGIS 2.14.4 - Dimenstion style text layer disabled

QAD plugin QGIS 2.14.4 - Dimenstion style text layer disabled

Jochem Beullens

Dear,

I am trying to use the QAD plugin in QGIS 2.14.4 to add dimensions to my layers.

To add dimensions I need to create a dimension style first. For a dimension style I need a text layer, a symbol layer and a line layer.

I created these layers (tables) in PostGIS using the SQL statements out of the following document (file:///C:/Users/Jochem/.qgis2/python/plugins/qad/help/help_en/index.html#Text%20layer%20model%20for%20dimensioning%3A).

Next I made a PostGIS connection in QGIS and added the layers dim_symbol, dim_line and dim_text. Now I can create my dimension style and set the lines on the dim_line layer, the symbols and arrows on the dim_symbol layer, but the txt layer stays disabled and I can not select the dim_text layer.

What can be the problem here?

Met vriendelijke groeten - meilleures salutations

Jochem Beullens
CAD & GIS Adviseur
Consultant CAO & SIG

Hoorn+32 (0)3/280 00 57 (#4)
Smartphone+32 (0)498/64 81 78

Geo-IT BVBA – SPRL | BE0867.526.230 | www.geoit.be
Potvlietlaan 5B - 2600 Antwerpen | Blvd Paepsem 20 – 1070 Bruxelles

Re: QAD plugin QGIS 2.14.4 - Dimenstion style text layer disabled

gam17
Hi Jochem,

The text layer is a layer that displays labels only. It is a QGIS point
layer with the following characteristics:
1. the symbol must have a minimum of 90% transparency
2. must have a label
Please check your layer properties and let me know...
bye
gam17

> Dear,
>
> I am trying to use the QAD plugin in QGIS 2.14.4 to add dimensions to
> my layers.
>
> To add dimensions I need to create a dimension style first. For a
> dimension style I need a text layer, a symbol layer and a line layer.
>
> I created these layers (tables) in PostGIS using the SQL statements
> out of the following document
> (file:///C:/Users/Jochem/.qgis2/python/plugins/qad/help/help_en/index.html#Text%20layer%20model%20for%20dimensioning%3A).
>

> Next I made a PostGIS connection in QGIS and added the layers
> dim_symbol, dim_line and dim_text. Now I can create my dimension style
> and set the lines on the dim_line layer, the symbols and arrows on the
> dim_symbol layer, but the txt layer stays disabled and I can not
> select the dim_text layer.
>
> What can be the problem here?
>
> Met vriendelijke groeten - meilleures salutations
>
> Jochem Beullens
> CAD & GIS Adviseur
> Consultant CAO & SIG
>
> +32 (0)3/280 00 57 (#4)
> +32 (0)498/64 81 78
>
> Geo-IT BVBA - SPRL | BE0867.526.230 | www.geoit.be [1]
> Potvlietlaan 5B - 2600 Antwerpen | Blvd Paepsem 20 - 1070 Bruxelles
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.geoit.be/

Re: QAD plugin QGIS 2.14.4 - Dimenstion style text layer disabled

Nyall Dawson
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 23:34, Jochem Beullens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear,
>

> I am trying to use the QAD plugin in QGIS 2.14.4 to add dimensions to my layers.

Just a warning: 2.14 is ancient -- you should NOT be using this version.

Nyall

> To add dimensions I need to create a dimension style first. For a dimension style I need a text layer, a symbol layer and a line layer.
>
> I created these layers (tables) in PostGIS using the SQL statements out of the following document (file:///C:/Users/Jochem/.qgis2/python/plugins/qad/help/help_en/index.html#Text%20layer%20model%20for%20dimensioning%3A).
>
> Next I made a PostGIS connection in QGIS and added the layers dim_symbol, dim_line and dim_text. Now I can create my dimension style and set the lines on the dim_line layer, the symbols and arrows on the dim_symbol layer, but the txt layer stays disabled and I can not select the dim_text layer.
>

> What can be the problem here?
>

> Met vriendelijke groeten - meilleures salutations
>

> Jochem Beullens
> CAD & GIS Adviseur
> Consultant CAO & SIG
>

> +32 (0)3/280 00 57 (#4)
> +32 (0)498/64 81 78
>
> Geo-IT BVBA – SPRL | BE0867.526.230 | www.geoit.be
> Potvlietlaan 5B - 2600 Antwerpen | Blvd Paepsem 20 – 1070 Bruxelles

Re: QAD plugin QGIS 2.14.4 - Dimenstion style text layer disabled

Jochem Beullens
Hello,

Thanks for the answer. But my layer properties are correct.
Transparancy is set to 90 and my point layer has a label.

Met vriendelijke groeten - meilleures salutations

Jochem Beullens
Geo-IT BVBA - SPRL

CC: [hidden email]; Mathias Van Troys <[hidden email]>; Tony Jong <[hidden email]>
Onderwerp: Re: [Qgis-user] QAD plugin QGIS 2.14.4 - Dimenstion style text layer disabled