Q1 PSC Meeting!

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Q1 PSC Meeting!

Dan Little-2
Hey Folks,

It looks like 10AM (CDT) on March 9th is the winner of our doodle.  West coasters, if I screwed up timezone support and that *will not* work for you then please let me know.

Tentative agenda (feel free to add/modify):


1. Fundraising. 
  a. Getting a 'donate' button on the website that does something useful.  
  b. How to govern the spending of that.  Does that mean adding a Treasurer? Is there OsGeo policy to be aware of?
2. Website Updates.  I'd like an open discussion on what folks think about the current sphinx setup.  With 3.0 docs needing written I think there are a few things worth keeping in mind:
  a. Versioning docs (this works rather well now, and I'd hate to lose it).
  b. How-to's versus a website "blog roll" versus API docs.
  c. Is there anyone we feel does a good job and we can emulate?
  d. Markdown is far more prelevant than RST. Has WYSIWYG editors and works nicely with GitHub. 
3. Copyright assignment. What's the best practice for us?
4. GeoMoose 3.0 Funding and Status Report.
  a. Money coming in, money going out, shout outs.
  b. What's working, what isn't, what's next.
5. FOSS4G.
  Hoping to share some 3.0 based abstracts for workshops. I'll also be looking to do a BOF/Chat-session/Lightning Round/Code-sprint based on format availability.  I'd be awesome if folks had some cool 2.X based stuff to present, I'd love to hear about.

Thanks everyone!!!
  

_______________________________________________
geomoose-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Q1 PSC Meeting!

jmckenna
Administrator
Hey Duck, all,

Where is the meeting being held?  On IRC?
(https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose)

-jeff



On 2017-02-24 12:02 PM, Dan Little wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> It looks like 10AM (CDT) on March 9th is the winner of our doodle.  West
> coasters, if I screwed up timezone support and that *will not* work for
> you then please let me know.
>
> Tentative agenda (feel free to add/modify):
>
>
> 1. Fundraising.
>   a. Getting a 'donate' button on the website that does something useful.
>   b. How to govern the spending of that.  Does that mean adding a
> Treasurer? Is there OsGeo policy to be aware of?
> 2. Website Updates.  I'd like an open discussion on what folks think
> about the current sphinx setup.  With 3.0 docs needing written I think
> there are a few things worth keeping in mind:
>   a. Versioning docs (this works rather well now, and I'd hate to lose it).
>   b. How-to's versus a website "blog roll" versus API docs.
>   c. Is there anyone we feel does a good job and we can emulate?
>   d. Markdown is far more prelevant than RST. Has WYSIWYG editors and
> works nicely with GitHub.
> 3. Copyright assignment. What's the best practice for us?
> 4. GeoMoose 3.0 Funding and Status Report.
>   a. Money coming in, money going out, shout outs.
>   b. What's working, what isn't, what's next.
> 5. FOSS4G.
>   Hoping to share some 3.0 based abstracts for workshops. I'll also be
> looking to do a BOF/Chat-session/Lightning Round/Code-sprint based on
> format availability.  I'd be awesome if folks had some cool 2.X based
> stuff to present, I'd love to hear about.
>
> Thanks everyone!!!
>
>
_______________________________________________
geomoose-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Q1 PSC Meeting!

Dan Little-2
Doh, thanks for the question Jeff!

Yes, the PSC meeting will be on the #geomoose channel.  

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Duck, all,

Where is the meeting being held?  On IRC? (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose)

-jeff




On 2017-02-24 12:02 PM, Dan Little wrote:
Hey Folks,

It looks like 10AM (CDT) on March 9th is the winner of our doodle.  West
coasters, if I screwed up timezone support and that *will not* work for
you then please let me know.

Tentative agenda (feel free to add/modify):


1. Fundraising.
  a. Getting a 'donate' button on the website that does something useful.
  b. How to govern the spending of that.  Does that mean adding a
Treasurer? Is there OsGeo policy to be aware of?
2. Website Updates.  I'd like an open discussion on what folks think
about the current sphinx setup.  With 3.0 docs needing written I think
there are a few things worth keeping in mind:
  a. Versioning docs (this works rather well now, and I'd hate to lose it).
  b. How-to's versus a website "blog roll" versus API docs.
  c. Is there anyone we feel does a good job and we can emulate?
  d. Markdown is far more prelevant than RST. Has WYSIWYG editors and
works nicely with GitHub.
3. Copyright assignment. What's the best practice for us?
4. GeoMoose 3.0 Funding and Status Report.
  a. Money coming in, money going out, shout outs.
  b. What's working, what isn't, what's next.
5. FOSS4G.
  Hoping to share some 3.0 based abstracts for workshops. I'll also be
looking to do a BOF/Chat-session/Lightning Round/Code-sprint based on
format availability.  I'd be awesome if folks had some cool 2.X based
stuff to present, I'd love to hear about.

Thanks everyone!!!


_______________________________________________
geomoose-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc


_______________________________________________
geomoose-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Q1 PSC Meeting!

James Klassen-2
In reply to this post by jmckenna
Usual place is IRC (#geomoose on freenode).

On Feb 24, 2017 10:13, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Duck, all,

Where is the meeting being held?  On IRC? (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose)

-jeff



On 2017-02-24 12:02 PM, Dan Little wrote:
Hey Folks,

It looks like 10AM (CDT) on March 9th is the winner of our doodle.  West
coasters, if I screwed up timezone support and that *will not* work for
you then please let me know.

Tentative agenda (feel free to add/modify):


1. Fundraising.
  a. Getting a 'donate' button on the website that does something useful.
  b. How to govern the spending of that.  Does that mean adding a
Treasurer? Is there OsGeo policy to be aware of?
2. Website Updates.  I'd like an open discussion on what folks think
about the current sphinx setup.  With 3.0 docs needing written I think
there are a few things worth keeping in mind:
  a. Versioning docs (this works rather well now, and I'd hate to lose it).
  b. How-to's versus a website "blog roll" versus API docs.
  c. Is there anyone we feel does a good job and we can emulate?
  d. Markdown is far more prelevant than RST. Has WYSIWYG editors and
works nicely with GitHub.
3. Copyright assignment. What's the best practice for us?
4. GeoMoose 3.0 Funding and Status Report.
  a. Money coming in, money going out, shout outs.
  b. What's working, what isn't, what's next.
5. FOSS4G.
  Hoping to share some 3.0 based abstracts for workshops. I'll also be
looking to do a BOF/Chat-session/Lightning Round/Code-sprint based on
format availability.  I'd be awesome if folks had some cool 2.X based
stuff to present, I'd love to hear about.

Thanks everyone!!!


_______________________________________________
geomoose-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc

_______________________________________________
geomoose-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc
Loading...