Python

Mohammed Rashad
Why python mapscript is not used as php mapscript??
What are problems using python mapscript??
If i am using python mapscript can i develop an webgis interface which can perform faster than interfaces built on php-mapscripts such as cartoweb,ka-map etc...

Can i get more speed with python mapscript apps..

Is there any benefit in moving from php to python??

anybody please help
Any suggestion are always welcomed..

Thanks in advance

Mohammed Rashad K.M
http://keralainfo.web4all.in/
+919605476742

Re: Python

Alan Boudreault
Hi  Mohammed,

See comments below...

On July 28, 2009 10:33:58 am Mohammed Rashad wrote:
> Why python mapscript is not used as php mapscript??
PHP is just a lot more popular/easier than python for dynamic websites. I
think this is the only reason.

> What are problems using python mapscript??
There is no problem...

> If i am using python mapscript can i develop an webgis interface which can
> perform faster than interfaces built on php-mapscripts such as
> cartoweb,ka-map etc...
There is a no significant performance gain between the two languages.

> Can i get more speed with python mapscript apps..
I don't understand your question...... if the performance of your application
would be very important, you wouldn't choice a mapscript binding.

> Is there any benefit in moving from php to python??
Of course... the use of python itself. ;)

> anybody please help
> Any suggestion are always welcomed..
>
> Thanks in advance

Alan