[PyWPS-dev] master or develop

Adam Laža
Hi devs,

I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).

Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: master or develop

Carsten Ehbrecht-3
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

Adam Laža
Hi Carsten,

thanks for reply. Good to know. However since I switched for master branch I can get output in ExecuteResponse only as reference. Even if I force attribute asReference=false I still get only reference to output, not the output directly.
I use pywps-flask demo server and Buffer process for testing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Adam

út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

David Huard
Hi Adam,

I think we have the same issue : https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/412

My guess is that it's either due to my refactoring or to the new templates or a combination of both.

I noticed that if you do
ComplexOutput.data = <file content>
... then it works
but if you do
ComplexOutput.file =  <file path>
it doesn't. Hopefully this is a hint as to what is going wrong.

I think the offending bit is is inout.outputs.ComplexOutput. If the ComplexOutput is a file and as_reference is False, _json_data is called which I think might fail to fill the json data field. It's not obvious why though. Do you have a test case you could add to the test suite ?

HTH,

David

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:06 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Carsten,

thanks for reply. Good to know. However since I switched for master branch I can get output in ExecuteResponse only as reference. Even if I force attribute asReference=false I still get only reference to output, not the output directly.
I use pywps-flask demo server and Buffer process for testing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Adam

út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

Adam Laža
Hi David,

check my bug fix [1]. It works for me but I would like to know if it is right approach.

Cheers,
Adam

st 12. 12. 2018 v 2:32 odesílatel David Huard <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

I think we have the same issue : https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/412

My guess is that it's either due to my refactoring or to the new templates or a combination of both.

I noticed that if you do
ComplexOutput.data = <file content>
... then it works
but if you do
ComplexOutput.file =  <file path>
it doesn't. Hopefully this is a hint as to what is going wrong.

I think the offending bit is is inout.outputs.ComplexOutput. If the ComplexOutput is a file and as_reference is False, _json_data is called which I think might fail to fill the json data field. It's not obvious why though. Do you have a test case you could add to the test suite ?

HTH,

David

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:06 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Carsten,

thanks for reply. Good to know. However since I switched for master branch I can get output in ExecuteResponse only as reference. Even if I force attribute asReference=false I still get only reference to output, not the output directly.
I use pywps-flask demo server and Buffer process for testing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Adam

út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

David Huard
Looks good, trying to write a few tests to exercise it.
Good catch !

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:02 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

check my bug fix [1]. It works for me but I would like to know if it is right approach.

Cheers,
Adam

st 12. 12. 2018 v 2:32 odesílatel David Huard <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

I think we have the same issue : https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/412

My guess is that it's either due to my refactoring or to the new templates or a combination of both.

I noticed that if you do
ComplexOutput.data = <file content>
... then it works
but if you do
ComplexOutput.file =  <file path>
it doesn't. Hopefully this is a hint as to what is going wrong.

I think the offending bit is is inout.outputs.ComplexOutput. If the ComplexOutput is a file and as_reference is False, _json_data is called which I think might fail to fill the json data field. It's not obvious why though. Do you have a test case you could add to the test suite ?

HTH,

David

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:06 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Carsten,

thanks for reply. Good to know. However since I switched for master branch I can get output in ExecuteResponse only as reference. Even if I force attribute asReference=false I still get only reference to output, not the output directly.
I use pywps-flask demo server and Buffer process for testing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Adam

út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

David Huard
Hi Adam, I've created a PR for your bug fix. Does it work for you ? It seems to work on my use cases.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:31 AM David Huard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks good, trying to write a few tests to exercise it.
Good catch !

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:02 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

check my bug fix [1]. It works for me but I would like to know if it is right approach.

Cheers,
Adam

st 12. 12. 2018 v 2:32 odesílatel David Huard <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

I think we have the same issue : https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/412

My guess is that it's either due to my refactoring or to the new templates or a combination of both.

I noticed that if you do
ComplexOutput.data = <file content>
... then it works
but if you do
ComplexOutput.file =  <file path>
it doesn't. Hopefully this is a hint as to what is going wrong.

I think the offending bit is is inout.outputs.ComplexOutput. If the ComplexOutput is a file and as_reference is False, _json_data is called which I think might fail to fill the json data field. It's not obvious why though. Do you have a test case you could add to the test suite ?

HTH,

David

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:06 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Carsten,

thanks for reply. Good to know. However since I switched for master branch I can get output in ExecuteResponse only as reference. Even if I force attribute asReference=false I still get only reference to output, not the output directly.
I use pywps-flask demo server and Buffer process for testing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Adam

út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

Adam Laža
Hi David,

Just cosmetics, I slightly edited the template. CDATA tag is not present if we know that mimeType is XML-based. Response XML looks better then.

A.

čt 13. 12. 2018 v 8:00 odesílatel David Huard <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam, I've created a PR for your bug fix. Does it work for you ? It seems to work on my use cases.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:31 AM David Huard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks good, trying to write a few tests to exercise it.
Good catch !

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:02 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

check my bug fix [1]. It works for me but I would like to know if it is right approach.

Cheers,
Adam

st 12. 12. 2018 v 2:32 odesílatel David Huard <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

I think we have the same issue : https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/412

My guess is that it's either due to my refactoring or to the new templates or a combination of both.

I noticed that if you do
ComplexOutput.data = <file content>
... then it works
but if you do
ComplexOutput.file =  <file path>
it doesn't. Hopefully this is a hint as to what is going wrong.

I think the offending bit is is inout.outputs.ComplexOutput. If the ComplexOutput is a file and as_reference is False, _json_data is called which I think might fail to fill the json data field. It's not obvious why though. Do you have a test case you could add to the test suite ?

HTH,

David

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:06 AM Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Carsten,

thanks for reply. Good to know. However since I switched for master branch I can get output in ExecuteResponse only as reference. Even if I force attribute asReference=false I still get only reference to output, not the output directly.
I use pywps-flask demo server and Buffer process for testing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Adam

út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Adam,

yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).

Cheers,
Carsten

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
>
> Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Re: master or develop

Carsten Ehbrecht-3
Hi Adam,

If you have an improved version of the bugfix could please open a PR?

Here is the one from David:

https://github.com/geopython/pywps/pull/431

Cheers,
Carsten

> [...]
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> út 11. 12. 2018 v 0:16 odesílatel Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> napsal:
> Hi Adam,
>
> yes, please use master branch to rebase. We switched awhile ago (Code sprint Bonn in March?).
>
> Cheers,
> Carsten
>
> > On 8 Dec 2018, at 04:16, Adam Laža <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > I'd like to make a new PR for my Docker extension in few days. Now I'm just bit confused because I wanted to rebase my branch onto develop branch to avoid conflicts but it seems to me that develop branch is no more used and that you use master instead (develop has last commit July 16, master 26 days ago).
> >
> > Could anyone confirm that right approach is to rebase onto master and make a PR against master?

Re: master or develop

Adam Laža