[PyWPS-dev] Process Chaining

Suzana Barreto
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is an xml template or xml example of a chained process POST request.  I have been trying to use OWSLib to chain my PyWPS Process requests but am finding it difficult as there is no examples of how this is achieved using OWSLib.  I have been able to 'simulate' a chained request by sending requests in order and then using the output from the first as the input to the next.  I have also tried embedding a request in another but have found that the library escapes the xml special characters, resulting in malformed xml.  I also attempted to manually create an XML POST request but not sure how the embedding is achieved ie. what is the element called that identifies a chained or embedded request.  So I would therefore like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction in terms of what the XML for a chained PyWPS request would look like.

Thanks,
Suzana
--

Dr Suzana Barreto
Software Analyst

Tel: <a style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" href="tel:%2B44%20%280%29%201970%20626688" value="+441970626688" target="_blank">+44 (0) 1970 626688
www.envsys.co.uk

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender and delete the material without copying, distributing or disclosing the content. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, however, the recipient should verify this to be the case. Please 'think before you print'

Re: Process Chaining

Carsten Ehbrecht-3
Hi Suzana,

I haven’t tried process chaining for a long time and I didn’t investigate. But it would be nice to find out :)

There can be issues both in owslib.wps and pywps. I would recommend to start with “pure” WPS requests and not using owslib.wps (which might not support chaining at the moment).

Some links on testing pywps:

I can share my links on WPS chaining:

And also something with PyWPS but with the old 3.x version … don’t use it, just for reference:

Please share you experience … you may use a GitHub issue.

Sorry, for the wait.

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Carsten Ehbrecht
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone: +49 40 460094-148
FAX:   +49 40 460094-270
[hidden email]

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784

On 12 Nov 2018, at 3:53 pm, Suzana Barreto <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tel: <a style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" href="tel:%2B44%20%280%29%201970%20626688" value="+441970626688" target="_blank" class="">+44 (0) 1970 626688
www.envsys.co.uk

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender and delete the material without copying, distributing or disclosing the content. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, however, the recipient should verify this to be the case. Please 'think before you print'

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment