[PyWPS-dev] OSGeo funding 2019

tomkralidis
Dear PyWPS PSC [1]: OSGeo is currently putting forth budget for 2019.  OSGeo
projects can receive a baseline of 2K USD per year given a detailed plan.

As a first step I have earmarked 3K USD with details in [2] for review and
comment.  Can folks give some thought on items we could potentially
have funding for from OSGeo for 2019 and add to [2]? If we could have
a consensus by end of 25 January 2019 that would be great.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] http://pywps.org/development/psc.html
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019

Re: OSGeo funding 2019

Jachym Cepicky
Hi all,

thank you, Tom, for pushing this.

It looks great to me - I've just added WPS 2.0 "worskhop" (since we
can not gain money for direct development from OSGeo)

Any next steps?

Jachym

po 21. 1. 2019 v 19:45 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> napsal:

> Dear PyWPS PSC [1]: OSGeo is currently putting forth budget for 2019.  OSGeo
> projects can receive a baseline of 2K USD per year given a detailed plan.
>
> As a first step I have earmarked 3K USD with details in [2] for review and
> comment.  Can folks give some thought on items we could potentially
> have funding for from OSGeo for 2019 and add to [2]? If we could have
> a consensus by end of 25 January 2019 that would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] http://pywps.org/development/psc.html
> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OSGeo funding 2019

Tom Kralidis
Thanks Jachym. Should we take the second bullet out then to keep at 3K? And since WPS 2.0 workshop would naturally include elements of REST?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 25, 2019, at 06:04, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> thank you, Tom, for pushing this.
>
> It looks great to me - I've just added WPS 2.0 "worskhop" (since we
> can not gain money for direct development from OSGeo)
>
> Any next steps?
>
> Jachym
>
> po 21. 1. 2019 v 19:45 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> napsal:
>>
>> Dear PyWPS PSC [1]: OSGeo is currently putting forth budget for 2019.  OSGeo
>> projects can receive a baseline of 2K USD per year given a detailed plan.
>>
>> As a first step I have earmarked 3K USD with details in [2] for review and
>> comment.  Can folks give some thought on items we could potentially
>> have funding for from OSGeo for 2019 and add to [2]? If we could have
>> a consensus by end of 25 January 2019 that would be great.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1] http://pywps.org/development/psc.html
>> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019

> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OSGeo funding 2019

tomkralidis
Hi all: we are finalizing the budget and need input from PyWPS on the
proposed budget at [1]

- should we combine WPS REST and WPS 2.0 items into a single item for 1500 ?
- once we agree, then Jachym, as project officer, must send the proposal to the
OSGeo board for review and approval

Please advise.

..Tom

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 6:07 AM Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jachym. Should we take the second bullet out then to keep at 3K? And since WPS 2.0 workshop would naturally include elements of REST?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jan 25, 2019, at 06:04, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > thank you, Tom, for pushing this.
> >
> > It looks great to me - I've just added WPS 2.0 "worskhop" (since we
> > can not gain money for direct development from OSGeo)
> >
> > Any next steps?
> >
> > Jachym
> >
> > po 21. 1. 2019 v 19:45 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> napsal:
> >>
> >> Dear PyWPS PSC [1]: OSGeo is currently putting forth budget for 2019.  OSGeo
> >> projects can receive a baseline of 2K USD per year given a detailed plan.
> >>
> >> As a first step I have earmarked 3K USD with details in [2] for review and
> >> comment.  Can folks give some thought on items we could potentially
> >> have funding for from OSGeo for 2019 and add to [2]? If we could have
> >> a consensus by end of 25 January 2019 that would be great.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> ..Tom
> >>
> >> [1] http://pywps.org/development/psc.html
> >> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019
> >

> > --
> > Jachym Cepicky
> > e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OSGeo funding 2019

Jachym Cepicky
Hi all,
I've updated the budget a bit getting the inspiration from GRASS GIS
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019

I'm sending it to Angelos

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OSGeo funding 2019

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Hi all,

does the Sprint budget include travelling? Or should that have its single item? I ask this because this year I will likely travel to FOSS4G on my own budget. Appart from the the budget looks fine as it is.

Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Bowlespark 8

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:26 PM, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've updated the budget a bit getting the inspiration from GRASS GIS
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019
>
> I'm sending it to Angelos

> po 28. 1. 2019 v 15:22 odesílatel Tom Kralidis [hidden email] napsal:
>
> > Hi all: we are finalizing the budget and need input from PyWPS on the
> > proposed budget at [1]
> >
> > -   should we combine WPS REST and WPS 2.0 items into a single item for 1500 ?
> > -   once we agree, then Jachym, as project officer, must send the proposal to the
> >     OSGeo board for review and approval
> >

> > Please advise.
> > ..Tom
> > [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 6:07 AM Tom Kralidis [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Jachym. Should we take the second bullet out then to keep at 3K? And since WPS 2.0 workshop would naturally include elements of REST?
> > > Sent from my iPhone

> --
>
> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev

Re: OSGeo funding 2019

tomkralidis
Luí­s: I would think the costs include travel, yes.

FWIW Jachym has submitted the proposal to the Board earlier this week.

..Tom

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 1:55 PM Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> does the Sprint budget include travelling? Or should that have its single item? I ask this because this year I will likely travel to FOSS4G on my own budget. Appart from the the budget looks fine as it is.
>
> Regards.
>

> --
> Luís Moreira de Sousa
> Bowlespark 8
> 6701 DN Wageningen
> The Netherlands
> Phone: +31 628 544 755
> Email: [hidden email]
> RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c
>
> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Hi I did submit it, because, if I understand correctly, Angelos wanted
it by 14.1.

Nevertheless, I understand, that the costs should be for travelling especially

Jachym