[PyWPS-dev] Angular WPS client ?

Idan Miara
Hi all,

I would like to inquire about building an Angular based client for a pyWPS service.
What would be an idiomatic way to create WPS requests in Angular (preferably) or in JavaScript?

As far as I could find WPS only accepts simple requests by GET and complex requests by POST with XML content type.
Is there a way to send POST requests in JSON format instead of XML?
Is there a way to send BoundingBoxInput or ComplexInput by GET or is it just LiteralInput?

Any pointers are appreciated!

Kind regards,
Idan

Re: WPS-REST binding

Idan Miara
Hi,

Did anyone work on implementation for WPS-REST binding in PyWPS?

Idan

On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 23:47, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
sorry for late response

even pywps internally is using json encoding, there is no way so far,
how to send such request from the client

you may have a look at
https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding/blob/master/README.md
which somehow defines the future development

Jachym

čt 2. 4. 2020 v 21:25 odesílatel Idan Miara <[hidden email]> napsal:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to inquire about building an Angular based client for a pyWPS service.
> What would be an idiomatic way to create WPS requests in Angular (preferably) or in JavaScript?
>
> As far as I could find WPS only accepts simple requests by GET and complex requests by POST with XML content type.
> Is there a way to send POST requests in JSON format instead of XML?
> Is there a way to send BoundingBoxInput or ComplexInput by GET or is it just LiteralInput?
>
> Any pointers are appreciated!
>
> Kind regards,
> Idan

Re: WPS-REST binding

Carsten Ehbrecht-3
Hi Idan,

There is no wps-rest-api implementation in PyWPS yet. But there is a middleware application called weaver which has a wps-rest-api (close to the current specs) and can delegate to the PyWPS WPS 1.0.0  api:
https://github.com/crim-ca/weaver/tree/master/weaver/wps_restapi

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Carsten Ehbrecht
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone: +49 40 460094-148
FAX:   +49 40 460094-270
Email: [hidden email]

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784

> On 26. Nov 2020, at 22:10, Idan Miara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone work on implementation for WPS-REST binding in PyWPS?
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding/blob/master/implementations.adoc
>
> Idan
>
> On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 23:47, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for late response
>
> even pywps internally is using json encoding, there is no way so far,
> how to send such request from the client
>
> you may have a look at
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding/blob/master/README.md
> which somehow defines the future development
>
> Jachym
>
> čt 2. 4. 2020 v 21:25 odesílatel Idan Miara <[hidden email]> napsal:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to inquire about building an Angular based client for a pyWPS service.
> > What would be an idiomatic way to create WPS requests in Angular (preferably) or in JavaScript?
> >
> > As far as I could find WPS only accepts simple requests by GET and complex requests by POST with XML content type.
> > Is there a way to send POST requests in JSON format instead of XML?
> > Is there a way to send BoundingBoxInput or ComplexInput by GET or is it just LiteralInput?
> >
> > Any pointers are appreciated!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Idan

Re: WPS-REST binding

Idan Miara

Hi Jachym, Carsten and all,

Thanks for your references.
I haven't got the time to look at the `current specs`.
I wanted to make a minimalistic JSON request support that would be easy to use.
By minimalistic I mean much less verbose then the XML request spec.

I'd be happy to get your feedback.

Also, I see that `Master` and `pywps-4.2` were diverged at 4.2.4, was that intentional?

Idan

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 14:12, Carsten Ehbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Idan,

There is no wps-rest-api implementation in PyWPS yet. But there is a middleware application called weaver which has a wps-rest-api (close to the current specs) and can delegate to the PyWPS WPS 1.0.0  api:
https://github.com/crim-ca/weaver/tree/master/weaver/wps_restapi

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Carsten Ehbrecht
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone: +49 40 460094-148
FAX:   +49 40 460094-270
Email: [hidden email]

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784

> On 26. Nov 2020, at 22:10, Idan Miara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone work on implementation for WPS-REST binding in PyWPS?
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding/blob/master/implementations.adoc
>
> Idan
>
> On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 23:47, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for late response
>
> even pywps internally is using json encoding, there is no way so far,
> how to send such request from the client
>
> you may have a look at
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/wps-rest-binding/blob/master/README.md
> which somehow defines the future development
>
> Jachym
>
> čt 2. 4. 2020 v 21:25 odesílatel Idan Miara <[hidden email]> napsal:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to inquire about building an Angular based client for a pyWPS service.
> > What would be an idiomatic way to create WPS requests in Angular (preferably) or in JavaScript?
> >
> > As far as I could find WPS only accepts simple requests by GET and complex requests by POST with XML content type.
> > Is there a way to send POST requests in JSON format instead of XML?
> > Is there a way to send BoundingBoxInput or ComplexInput by GET or is it just LiteralInput?
> >
> > Any pointers are appreciated!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Idan

Re: WPS-REST binding

Carsten Ehbrecht-3

> On 10. Dec 2020, at 14:31, Idan Miara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Also, I see that `Master` and `pywps-4.2` were diverged at 4.2.4, was that intentional?

Well, not really intentional … but we merged our dev branches to quickly to master and it got stalled. Currently we only use the pywps-4.2 branch. I try to fix this issue and get the master working again … but won’t be there before January.

Cheers,
Carsten