Published: What could Open Government learn from us Open Technology folks?

Published: What could Open Government learn from us Open Technology folks?

Cameron Shorter

The Linux Journal has published this open letter:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/what-could-open-government-learn-us-open-technology-folks

Despite open government’s best intentions to prioritise collaboration, government bodies consistently duplicate each other’s effort. Collaborating as effectively as open communities is much harder than you’d think.

A number of us “open technologists” have drafted a paper describing the challenges government faces, along with our vision for how to address these. It is being presented as part of Australia’s updated Open Government National Action Plan. … more

And I'll be submitting to the Australian Digital Transformation Office tomorrow.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier, Learnosity

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Published: What could Open Government learn from us Open Technology folks?

Cameron Shorter

And after being submitted the story was picked up by the Mandarin, (the news source for senior public servants):

https://www.themandarin.com.au/90595-open-government-learn-open-technology-folks/

On 29/3/18 10:01 am, Cameron Shorter wrote:

[...]

adam steer-2
g’day aust-NZ OSgeo folks,

If you’re around Canberra on 26 April (this coming Thursday), join Edoardo Neerhut (Mapillary) and myself for #geobeerCBR - we’ll meet at the Wig n' Pen, at 6pm: https://goo.gl/maps/J7fLu1SD98D2

I look like this: https://www.spatialised.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/thredbo_river_selfie.jpg?w=1480 - and will wear my orange beanie unless it gets way too warm (unlikely, it’s Canberra…) or stick it on a table number post or something.

No formal discussion or agenda - it’s a social meet n greet with discussion about things geospatial if that’s how it rolls. Or geopolitics, or how many awesome flowers are blooming on the day, or which bicycle grease you prefer for Canberra winters.... You don’t even have to like beer!

Cheers

Adam