Publish WFS/WMS from MapGuide OS With Maestro

Publish WFS/WMS from MapGuide OS With Maestro

Adam Valair
Hello all,

I have googled this to pieces without finding what I need.

I want to publish WFS services from MapGuide OS for consumption in
various client applications - for the moment I want to consume GeoJSON
in a leaflet app, but eventually I would like to publish a WFS resource
that can be consumed by ArcGIS Desktop, QGIS, etc.

I am going the WFS route for web-friendly applications and
interoperability. WMS further down the road, WFS-T as well if possible.

So far I can't figure out how to accomplish this using Maestro. I have
seen a post by Jackie saying that MG is capable of publishing WFS so I
think it is doable.

Any help, urls I may have missed, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Adam

Re: Publish WFS/WMS from MapGuide OS With Maestro

Berg, James
I have had great difficulties getting this feature to work, particularly consuming with ArcGIS. The only GIS application that I could get to reliably consume a MapGuide WFS was Gaia.

Consider this a difficult endeavor before setting aside time to research this (particularly for an employer.)

Re: Publish WFS/WMS from MapGuide OS With Maestro

Hans Milling
Hi Adam

First, MapGuide does not support WFS-T, so if you want to support this in the future you should go for GeoServer instead of MapGuide.
From Maestro you can go to Tools - Site Administrator to configure your WFS server.
Next you can right click at FeatureSource and select Properties to expose it's data as WFS. The properties window have a WFS tab where you can specify a name, bounding box, coordinate system etc.

My experience is, like James that some GIS applications does not understand the WFS xml that MapGuide exposes. Especially if you have use none ASCII letters in either of the properties in the Site Administrator or WFS tab or in the column names of your data tables.

Best regards Hans Milling...