Pseudo Colour Rasters

John Craddock
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the colour range in the
greyscale to pseudo-colour conversion. In elevation models it seems
queer to see a green ocean (zero height) and blue land.

Regards
John Craddock

Re: Pseudo Colour Rasters

Tim Sutton
Hi John

Currently this can only be done programmatically. There is some work
going on in this area in trunk so look out for changes in 0.9 release.

PS if you can give me an idea of refered colour transitions via a
feature request I could add an additional colour scheme too.

Regards

Tim

2007/3/11, John Craddock <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the colour range in the
> greyscale to pseudo-colour conversion. In elevation models it seems
> queer to see a green ocean (zero height) and blue land.
>
> Regards
> John Craddock

Tim Sutton

Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: [hidden email]
Yahoo: [hidden email]
Jabber: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

RE: Pseudo Colour Rasters

John Craddock
Tim,
Where do you log feature requests?

The present pseudo-colour algorithm appears to spread the colour spectrum across 8 bits starting at green for the lowest and graduating to blue then red. It would seem appropriate to swap green and blue in this order.

I am using single band BIL files of 16 bit depth of grey scale but the pseudo-colour seems only to put out 8 bit colour depth. Is this correct?
Regards
John C

Re: Pseudo Colour Rasters

Carl Brown
You can set the color table for raster maps in GRASS to anything you like. If
you are using QGIS in conjunction with GRASS, the GRASS color settings
display in QGIS as well.

--
Carl Brown
Whitefield, NH USA

Re: Pseudo Colour Rasters

Tim Sutton
Hi

You can log feature requests using the bug tracker at

https://svn.qgis.org/trac - mark them as enhancements.

Yes current implementations of pseudocolour produce an 8 bit colour range only.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net