Proposing Tomas Zigo as a new core developer

Proposing Tomas Zigo as a new core developer

Markus Neteler
Dear PSC,

Let me propose Tomáš Zigo (https://github.com/tmszi) to be accepted as
a core developer.

Tomáš has impressively contributed to various parts of the source code:

- in "core": as of today 132 accepted pull requests in the main repo [1],
- in "addons": as of today 132 accepted pull requests in addons [2],
- and he offered many more comments on other pull requests and as well
as in the mailing list.

I have asked him off-list and he would be happy to join the core team
with write access to the main repository.

According to RFC1 [1] all PSC members need to vote in a separate motion.

Best,
Markus

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Atmszi
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Atmszi
[3] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/1_ProjectSteeringCommitteeGuidelines

Re: Proposing Tomas Zigo as a new core developer

Moritz Lennert
+1

Moritz

Am 20. November 2020 23:17:39 MEZ schrieb Markus Neteler <[hidden email]>:

>Dear PSC,
>
>Let me propose Tomáš Zigo (https://github.com/tmszi) to be accepted as
>a core developer.
>
>Tomáš has impressively contributed to various parts of the source code:
>
>- in "core": as of today 132 accepted pull requests in the main repo [1],
>- in "addons": as of today 132 accepted pull requests in addons [2],
>- and he offered many more comments on other pull requests and as well
>as in the mailing list.
>
>I have asked him off-list and he would be happy to join the core team
>with write access to the main repository.
>
>According to RFC1 [1] all PSC members need to vote in a separate motion.
>
>Best,
>Markus
>

>[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Atmszi
>[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Atmszi
>[3] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/1_ProjectSteeringCommitteeGuidelines

Re: Proposing Tomas Zigo as a new core developer

Peter Löwe
+1

Peter

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.
Am 20.11.20, 23:17 schrieb Markus Neteler <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Michael Barton
+1 Tomas has been a very active contributor.

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Director, Network for Computational Modeling in Social & Ecological Sciences
Associate Director, School of Complex Adaptive Systems
Professor, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://shesc.asu.eduhttps://complexity.asu.eduhttp://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

On Nov 20, 2020, at 3:17 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear PSC,

Let me propose Tomáš Zigo (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/tmszi__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ngfk7XTvOHMpU_8wtVU3iN-sm4mQ-TDqPsjD3OQquMqfDjJNRV2eQ-MPzx0nxcbSISzHLCE$ ) to be accepted as
a core developer.

Tomáš has impressively contributed to various parts of the source code:

- in "core": as of today 132 accepted pull requests in the main repo [1],
- in "addons": as of today 132 accepted pull requests in addons [2],
- and he offered many more comments on other pull requests and as well
as in the mailing list.

I have asked him off-list and he would be happy to join the core team
with write access to the main repository.

According to RFC1 [1] all PSC members need to vote in a separate motion.

Best,
Markus

[1] https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pulls?q=is*3Apr*is*3Aclosed*author*3Atmszi__;JSslKyU!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ngfk7XTvOHMpU_8wtVU3iN-sm4mQ-TDqPsjD3OQquMqfDjJNRV2eQ-MPzx0nxcbSoFEAGLE$
[2] https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pulls?q=is*3Apr*is*3Aclosed*author*3Atmszi__;JSslKyU!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ngfk7XTvOHMpU_8wtVU3iN-sm4mQ-TDqPsjD3OQquMqfDjJNRV2eQ-MPzx0nxcbSwvp7OM0$
[3] https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/1_ProjectSteeringCommitteeGuidelines__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ngfk7XTvOHMpU_8wtVU3iN-sm4mQ-TDqPsjD3OQquMqfDjJNRV2eQ-MPzx0nxcbSwY1lTeg$

Re: Proposing Tomas Zigo as a new core developer

Anna Petrášová
Definitely +1

I would suggest with any new core devs we should have a policy that all their PRs go through at least 1 review for some time. This policy would be nice for all PRs (even from current devs), because it significantly improves the code, but of course it's not always possible or practical given the workload.

Anna

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:17 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Helena Mitasova-7
+1 from me too.

Thank you Tomas for all your work, Helena

On Nov 21, 2020, at 9:16 PM, Anna Petrášová <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Helena Mitasova
Professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Faculty Fellow,
Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

Re: Proposing Tomas Zigo as a new core developer

margherita
+1
Regards

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 22 nov 2020, alle ore 04:03, Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

wenzeslaus
+1 for Tomas.

I also second Anna's request for a clear policy.

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:22 AM Margherita Di Leo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Martin Landa

pá 20. 11. 2020 v 23:17 odesílatel Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> napsal:
> Let me propose Tomáš Zigo (https://github.com/tmszi) to be accepted as
> a core developer.

great idea!

+1 Martin