Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

Hi all: I think we’re pretty darn close to getting a release out. I’d like to propose the following:

·         Feature Freeze - Tuesday, May 1st – All new features would have to be in master by the end of the day on 5/1, basically establishing an alpha version.

·         Beta 1 – Tuesday, May 8th

·         Beta 2 – Tuesday, May 15th

·         Release Candidate – Tuesday, May 22nd

·         7.2.0 Release – Tuesday, May 29th

This would allow us to meet deadlines associated with OSGeo Live. Also need a volunteer to serve as the release manager…

Thoughts? To aggressive or not aggressive enough?

--Steve

Re: Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of +1’s to move forward.

Re: Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Even Rouault-2

On vendredi 27 avril 2018 22:38:35 CEST Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of +1’s to

> move forward.

my informal +1

> From: mapserver-dev <[hidden email]> on behalf of

> Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <[hidden email]> Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018

> 2:17:39 PM

> To: [hidden email]

> Subject: [mapserver-dev] Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

> Hi all: I think we’re pretty darn close to getting a release out. I’d like

> to propose the following:

> · Feature Freeze - Tuesday, May 1st – All new features would have to

> be in master by the end of the day on 5/1, basically establishing an alpha

> version.

> · Beta 1 – Tuesday, May 8th

> · Beta 2 – Tuesday, May 15th

> · Release Candidate – Tuesday, May 22nd

> · 7.2.0 Release – Tuesday, May 29th

> This would allow us to meet deadlines associated with OSGeo Live. Also need

> a volunteer to serve as the release manager…

> Thoughts? To aggressive or not aggressive enough?

> --Steve

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Tom Kralidis
+1

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of +1’s to move forward.

Re: Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Michael Smith
+1

Michael Smith
Remote Sensing/GIS Center
US Army Corps of Engineers

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 7:36 PM, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On vendredi 27 avril 2018 22:38:35 CEST Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> > Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of +1’s to
> > move forward.
>
> my informal +1
>

> > From: mapserver-dev <[hidden email]> on behalf of
> > Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <[hidden email]> Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018
> > 2:17:39 PM
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [mapserver-dev] Proposing 7.2 release schedule...
> >

> > Hi all: I think we’re pretty darn close to getting a release out. I’d like
> > to propose the following:
> >

> > · Feature Freeze - Tuesday, May 1st – All new features would have to
> > be in master by the end of the day on 5/1, basically establishing an alpha
> > version.
> >
> > · Beta 1 – Tuesday, May 8th
> >
> > · Beta 2 – Tuesday, May 15th
> >
> > · Release Candidate – Tuesday, May 22nd
> >
> > · 7.2.0 Release – Tuesday, May 29th
> >

> > This would allow us to meet deadlines associated with OSGeo Live. Also need
> > a volunteer to serve as the release manager…
> >

> > Thoughts? To aggressive or not aggressive enough?
> >

> > --Steve

> http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Stephan Meißl
+1 Stephan

On 04/28/2018 12:38 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of
> +1’s to move forward.

jratike80
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Aihe: Re: [mapserver-dev] Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

+1 Stephan

On 04/28/2018 12:38 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of
> +1’s to move forward.

tbonfort

+1

--
thomas

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:32 AM Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Aihe: Re: [mapserver-dev] Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

+1 Stephan

On 04/28/2018 12:38 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> Not sure how to interpret the silence... I think we need a couple of
> +1’s to move forward.

Daniel Morissette
+1 since we really need to get that release out.

But my silence was because we need a release manager for this plan to
happen, and without one the +1's are of little use.  I'd happily
volunteer to do it if I had the time, but unfortunately I'm already
overcommitted.

Daniel

On 2018-04-23 3:17 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Hi all: I think we’re pretty darn close to getting a release out. I’d
> like to propose the following:
>
> ·Feature Freeze - Tuesday, May 1^st – All new features would have to be
> in master by the end of the day on 5/1, basically establishing an alpha
> version.
>
> ·Beta 1 – Tuesday, May 8^th
>
> ·Beta 2 – Tuesday, May 15^th
>
> ·Release Candidate – Tuesday, May 22^nd
>
> ·7.2.0 Release – Tuesday, May 29^th
>
> This would allow us to meet deadlines associated with OSGeo Live. Also
> need a volunteer to serve as the release manager…
>
> Thoughts? To aggressive or not aggressive enough?
>
> --Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201