Proposed FOSS4G-Aust-NZ for 2018

Cameron Shorter

Hi OSGeo Conference Committee,

There has been quite a bit of interest in Australia/New Zealand in setting up a regional FOSS4G conference in 2018. (Discussion on [hidden email])

As per below, we are:

* Proposing to make use of the FOSS4G name

* Proposing to use the OSGeo wiki: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ

* Possibly other things as we move on

OSGeo Conference team,

If anyone has objections or suggestions then please speak up. I won't raise a formal motion (in case we don't get enough people responding), but assuming we don't get any -1 votes by Friday 8 December 2017 we'll assume that we should go ahead as proposed above.

Warm regards,

Cameron

On 3/12/17 7:14 pm, John Bryant wrote:
Hi Cameron, you put forward a motion to

request use of https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ from the OSGeo conference committee

Can you advise on how best to do this? Is it an email to someone in particular, or on a list? I'm happy to do this, if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
John

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier, Learnosity

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Proposed FOSS4G-Aust-NZ for 2018

Eli Adam
Hi John, Cameron, and all,

That's great to hear about all the interest!  It sounds like a great group!

Use of the FOSS4G name seems in line with the guidelines and appropriate.

Using the OSGeo wiki sounds appropriate too.  There is a lot of stuff
on there already and to make it most effective for your group and
purposes, you might want to diligently add a category to every page
something like: [[Category: FOSS4G-Aust-NZ]] then you can find all
your pages (see for example the OSGeo Board of Directors,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Board).  A sensical page naming
scheme can be very beneficial too.

Have fun!

Best regards, Eli

<[hidden email]> cc'ed but I'm not a subscriber so probably
won't go through.

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Cameron Shorter
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi OSGeo Conference Committee,
>
> There has been quite a bit of interest in Australia/New Zealand in setting
> up a regional FOSS4G conference in 2018. (Discussion on
> [hidden email])
>
> As per below, we are:
>
> * Proposing to make use of the FOSS4G name
>
> * Proposing to use the OSGeo wiki:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ
>
> * Possibly other things as we move on
>
> OSGeo Conference team,
>
> If anyone has objections or suggestions then please speak up. I won't raise
> a formal motion (in case we don't get enough people responding), but
> assuming we don't get any -1 votes by Friday 8 December 2017 we'll assume
> that we should go ahead as proposed above.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Cameron
>

> On 3/12/17 7:14 pm, John Bryant wrote:
>
> Hi Cameron, you put forward a motion to
>
>> request use of https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ from the OSGeo
>> conference committee
>

> Can you advise on how best to do this? Is it an email to someone in
> particular, or on a list? I'm happy to do this, if you can point me in the
> right direction.
>
> Thanks
> John
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier, Learnosity
> Open Technologies Consultant
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Proposed FOSS4G-Aust-NZ for 2018

Till Adams-3
Dear Cameron,

a strong +1 from me!!! Go ahead!

Till

Am 04.12.2017 um 00:45 schrieb Eli Adam:

> Hi John, Cameron, and all,
>
> That's great to hear about all the interest!  It sounds like a great group!
>
> Use of the FOSS4G name seems in line with the guidelines and appropriate.
>
> Using the OSGeo wiki sounds appropriate too.  There is a lot of stuff
> on there already and to make it most effective for your group and
> purposes, you might want to diligently add a category to every page
> something like: [[Category: FOSS4G-Aust-NZ]] then you can find all
> your pages (see for example the OSGeo Board of Directors,
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Board).  A sensical page naming
> scheme can be very beneficial too.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Best regards, Eli
>
> <[hidden email]> cc'ed but I'm not a subscriber so probably
> won't go through.
>
> On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Cameron Shorter
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi OSGeo Conference Committee,
>>
>> There has been quite a bit of interest in Australia/New Zealand in setting
>> up a regional FOSS4G conference in 2018. (Discussion on
>> [hidden email])
>>
>> As per below, we are:
>>
>> * Proposing to make use of the FOSS4G name
>>
>> * Proposing to use the OSGeo wiki:
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ
>>
>> * Possibly other things as we move on
>>
>> OSGeo Conference team,
>>
>> If anyone has objections or suggestions then please speak up. I won't raise
>> a formal motion (in case we don't get enough people responding), but
>> assuming we don't get any -1 votes by Friday 8 December 2017 we'll assume
>> that we should go ahead as proposed above.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Cameron
>>

>> On 3/12/17 7:14 pm, John Bryant wrote:
>>
>> Hi Cameron, you put forward a motion to
>>
>>> request use of https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ from the OSGeo
>>> conference committee
>>
>> Can you advise on how best to do this? Is it an email to someone in
>> particular, or on a list? I'm happy to do this, if you can point me in the
>> right direction.
>>
>> Thanks
>> John
>>

>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Technology Demystifier, Learnosity
>> Open Technologies Consultant
>>
>> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Proposed FOSS4G-Aust-NZ for 2018

stevenfeldman
Great news

Have fun and spread the goodness
______
Steven

On 3 Dec 2017, at 22:11, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Peter Batty
+1 from me

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

M <a href="tel:+61%20419%20142%20254" value="+61419142254" target="_blank">+61 (0) 419 142 254