Proposal: Planning a call for a Hackmeeting/UserConf in A Coruña during Madeira

Proposal: Planning a call for a Hackmeeting/UserConf in A Coruña during Madeira

ginetto
Hi

A Coruña municipality, as you know, is interested to host an
Hackmeeting and UserConf. They want to know a schedule to negotiate a
date.
Because I don't have ideas about other candidates to host these
events, would be fine to plan a short Video or audio call during
Medeira hackmeeting  with A Coruña municipality to fix these dates.

is it possible? or if you have already scheduled hackmeetings, can be
shared to give us the ability to propose a feasible date?

If a skype/hangouts/jitsi/zoom call is possible, I would propose it on
22th or 23th of february that are labour days. Let me know.

cheers

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

Re: Proposal: Planning a call for a Hackmeeting/UserConf in A Coruña during Madeira

Tim Sutton-6
Hi Luigi

Just from my side I chatted with Lene about it last week. We will still finalise the dates but it was planned to hold the next Hackfest in Zanzibar together with the FOSS4G2018 conference, with the QGIS user conference embedded in the FOSS4G conference.  Coruna to be next after Dar es Salaam (so in other words Coruna in 2019). Can you confirm if this would be an option? If we wanted to do the QGIS Conference it would probably make sense to schedule if for Sept 2019.

Unfortunately I won’t be in Madeira but I will be happy to join the call with Lene.

Regards

Tim

On 30 Jan 2018, at 14:10, Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Proposal: Planning a call for a Hackmeeting/UserConf in A Coruña during Madeira

ginetto
Hi Tim,

I leave the decision about possible dates to the A Coruña municipality. Local organization group will remain available.

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net