Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

Markus Neteler
Dear subscribers,

in the past I observed a (for my taste) too high rate of unanswered
emails here. Mails which could often have been answered easily
on the grass-user mailing list since more people are subscribed
there...

Moreover, I think that GRASS GIS on MS-Windows has become
kind of "normal". Certainly there are still technical issues but those
need to be discussed with developers anyway (and just a few are
subscribed here).

Hence my suggestion: what about merging this list into
the grass-user list?
Archive: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/

I would appreciate discussion about the idea, there is no problem
to continue this list as-is. Just a random idea for a potentially
better service :-)

Best,
Markus

Re: Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

wenzeslaus
Hi,

I agree. The activity on this list is low anyway. From my point of
view, no need to separate it. I agree also about the fact that
questions are either for grass-user or for grass-dev.

Vaclav

On 22 January 2013 21:32, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear subscribers,
>
> in the past I observed a (for my taste) too high rate of unanswered
> emails here. Mails which could often have been answered easily
> on the grass-user mailing list since more people are subscribed
> there...
>
> Moreover, I think that GRASS GIS on MS-Windows has become
> kind of "normal". Certainly there are still technical issues but those
> need to be discussed with developers anyway (and just a few are
> subscribed here).
>
> Hence my suggestion: what about merging this list into
> the grass-user list?
> Archive: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/
>
> I would appreciate discussion about the idea, there is no problem
> to continue this list as-is. Just a random idea for a potentially
> better service :-)
>
> Best,
> Markus

Re: Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

Newcomb, Doug
Sounds good to me!
Doug

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 [hidden email]
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.

Re: Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

lubica
I agree!

in the past I observed a (for my taste) too high rate of unanswered emails here. Mails which could often have been answered easily on the grass-user mailing list since more people are subscribed there...

Moreover, I think that GRASS GIS on MS-Windows has become kind of "normal". Certainly there are still technical issues but those need to be discussed with developers anyway (and just a few are subscribed here).

Hence my suggestion: what about merging this list into the grass-user list?
Archive: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/

I would appreciate discussion about the idea, there is no problem to continue this list as-is. Just a random idea for a potentially better service :-)

Best,
Markus

For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________

Attention:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from Hatch Mott MacDonald are confidential and intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender.

Re: Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>Moreover, I think that GRASS GIS on MS-Windows has become
>kind of "normal".

agreed :o)

>Hence my suggestion: what about merging this list into
>the grass-user list?

+1
best regards
Helmut

Re: Proposal: Merge this list into grass-user

Markus Neteler
Hi,

.. nobody against the idea? I'll check how it is technically to be done.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> .. nobody against the idea? I'll check how it is technically to be done.

For now, I have turned this list into a read-only list, following:
http://www.whoopis.com/howtos/mailman-readonly-list.php

TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS

Please subscribe now to the GRASS GIS user list at

Best,
Markus