Projection library error.

orkun
after I install mapserver binary version in ubuntu 19,
I received proj related error message.

shp2img
msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. proj error "no arguments in initialization list" for "init=epsg:3857"

here is the related code fragment:
    CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "/usr/share/"
    CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/var/www/ms_map/ms_error.log"

  PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:3857"
  END

regards

--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.

________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

Re: Projection library error.

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Ahmet,

Did you resolve this issue?

I don't use the binary that you mention, but I guess it depends on which
version of PROJ you are using, as PROJ 5.2.0 requires the file "epsg"
and PROJ 6 requires "proj.db".  MapServer 7.4.0 should be able to find
either one.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2019-07-07 11:25 AM, Ahmet Temiz wrote:

> after I install mapserver binary version in ubuntu 19,
> I received proj related error message.
>
> shp2img
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. proj error "no
> arguments in initialization list" for "init=epsg:3857"
>
> here is the related code fragment:
>      CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "/usr/share/"
>      CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/var/www/ms_map/ms_error.log"
>
>    PROJECTION
>       "init=epsg:3857"
>    END
>
> regards
>
> --
> Ahmet Temiz
> Jeoloji Müh.
> Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
> Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu
>

> __

Re: Projection library error.

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Ahmet,

As luck would have it, I just now hit your exact same issue, same error
message ("no arguments in initialization list").  In my case, this was
due to a mapfile pointing to the wrong location of the epsg file through:

    CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/bad/path"

So be sure to point to the correct location, for your binary.  (as I
mentioned earlier, it may depend on what PROJ version you have)

-jeff