Processing UI: moving "open layer" checkbox

Processing UI: moving "open layer" checkbox

Alexander Bruy
Hi all and sorry for crossposting.

We are thinking about improving Processing UI and one of the possible
enchancements is moving "Open output file" checkbox to the output description,
see attached screenshots.

What do you think about this, should we proceed or keep it as is?

--
Alexander Bruy

before.png (55K) Download Attachment
after.png (53K) Download Attachment

Re: Processing UI: moving "open layer" checkbox

Anita Graser

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would this allow to add some outputs to the map, but not all? I don't think the second screen would be very clear for users. It would be better if inside a group called "Add output to the map". Actually it should be the same sentence used in the save as... menu.

​+1 I also think the after screenshot is more confusing than the before since the user does not know what enabling the "buffer" checkbox will actually do. That said, I think it could be useful to allow the user to select which outputs should be loaded. A group as suggested by Alexandre could work.

Best wishes,
Anita

Alexandre Neto

A dom, 29/05/2016, 16:11, Alexander Bruy <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi all and sorry for crossposting.

We are thinking about improving Processing UI and one of the possible
enchancements is moving "Open output file" checkbox to the output description,
see attached screenshots.

What do you think about this, should we proceed or keep it as is?

--
Alexander Bruy
Alexandre Neto

Re: Processing UI: moving "open layer" checkbox

Alexander Bruy

> On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Would this allow to add some outputs to the map, but not all? I don't
>> think the second screen would be very clear for users. It would be better if
>> inside a group called "Add output to the map". Actually it should be the
>> same sentence used in the save as... menu.
>

> +1 I also think the after screenshot is more confusing than the before since
> the user does not know what enabling the "buffer" checkbox will actually do.
> That said, I think it could be useful to allow the user to select which
> outputs should be loaded. A group as suggested by Alexandre could work.

Maybe I misunderstood, but you already can check/uncheck "Open output file"
checkboxes for every output and decide which outputs will be loaded into QGIS.

I will fix wording today.

--
Alexander Bruy

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Alexander Bruy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood, but you already can check/uncheck "Open output file"
checkboxes for every output and decide which outputs will be loaded into QGIS.

Sorry, you're right, I remembered this wrong ...

Anita