Problems with v.what.rast

Uwe Fischer

Hello list,

I have big trouble with v.what.rast and I don’t know why. I have read that there are issues with point data sets that have 2 layers, but that is not true for my points. They come from shape format using v.in.ogr and have normal cat values.

V.info tells me that there are 22 points. But v.what.rast tells me there are not points (please see attachments). That is very very confusing, since there are 22 points definitely. Maybe there is something wrong with the points, but they do exist. It would be a great improvement to update the error message in such a case, telling what’s wrong with the points.

However, I tried the steps that are described in the grass help page in order to learn what’s wrong, but the exact same thing happened (please see other attachments): „no features of type point found“.

What am I doing wrong?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Uwe

grass78help.instructions.jpg (104K) Download Attachment
grass78help.output.jpg (83K) Download Attachment
v.info.output.jpg (62K) Download Attachment
v.what.rast.jpg (73K) Download Attachment

Re: Problems with v.what.rast

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Uwe Fischer wrote

> Hello list,
>

> I have big trouble with v.what.rast and I don’t know why. I have read that
> there are issues with point data sets that have 2 layers, but that is not
> true for my points. They come from shape format using v.in.ogr and have
> normal cat values.
>
> V.info tells me that there are 22 points. But v.what.rast tells me there
> are
> not points (please see attachments). That is very very confusing, since
> there are 22 points definitely. Maybe there is something wrong with the
> points, but they do exist. It would be a great improvement to update the
> error message in such a case, telling what’s wrong with the points.
>

> However, I tried the steps that are described in the grass help page in
> order to learn what’s wrong, but the exact same thing happened (please see
> other attachments): „no features of type point found“.
>

> What am I doing wrong?

what does

* g.region -p
* v.info -g