Problems with Oracle Spatial data source

Problems with Oracle Spatial data source

Paul, Michael-2
Problems with Oracle Spatial data source

Hi,

I have obtained various problems with the current implementation of the GeoTools Oracle Spatial data source. E.g. updating of geometries currently is not working, previsously I already fixed bug where an invalidad SRID was assigned while inserting geometries. As we have a time critical project I made several updates. I am not quite sure where to send these bugs/updates to. To the geoserver developers list, to the GeoTools list, or does there exist an owner of this module where to send all issues to?

Kind Regards,

Michael.

Re: Problems with Oracle Spatial data source

Chris Holmes-2
Marc Risney is the module maintainer, but he hasn't been so active
lately.  Since Sean, the original author, left, we've had a tough time
finding a real consistent module maintainer for oracle.

The best thing to do is to put them in the GeoTools JIRA.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT Attach patches to the issue.  I can
take some time and try to apply them.  The tough thing is that we don't
have good access to oracle.  But if your patches are straightforward
like the last one and it doesn't take me long to apply, I'm happy to
take a time to put it in.  Your contributions are definitely
appreciated.  If you additionally put an issue in GeoServer jira
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS) and link it to the geotools
issues there's a higher chance someone will take action on it.

best regards,

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project

cholmes.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Problems with Oracle Spatial data source

lmorandini
Corey Puffalt wrote:
> I know you would really want to test against the full-blown Oracle
> Spatial but I am told that Oracle XE (the free version of Oracle)
> includes the stripped down version of Oracle Spatial called Oracle
> Locator.  It would be really cool if GeoTools worked with this
> combination and, since it is readily available by anyone, would be
> easier to maintain and test.

GeoServer already works with Locator, which happens to include the basic
packages for handling geometries, querying geographic data and inserting
metadata.
Actually, what Oracle Spatial does is something GeoServer is not (yet)
concerned with: geocoding, raster data, linear referencing, network
analysis.

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it