Problems Displaying JPEG2000

Li, Joshua S CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 56330
I'm experiencing some problems dispalying some jpeg2000 images.

I installed all the plugins needed (I believe it's the kakadu plugin), and I created a OSSIM_PREFERNCES file containing all the plugin locations. I also created the OSSIM_PREFS environmental variable, pointing at the preference file. However, when I attempt to open the image in OssimPlanet, it still says that it is unable to open the file. What is wrong?

Re: Problems Displaying JPEG2000

David Burken
Hi Joshua,

You will need either the ossim_plugins/kakakdu or the ossim_plugins/gdal
with gdal compiled with j2k support.

You can check the plugins by doing:

$ ossim-info --plugins

This will list your plugins like:
Plugin: /work/drb/ossim_plugins/lib/libossimKakaduPlugin.so
Plugin: /work/drb/ossim_plugins/lib/libossim_plugin.so
Plugin: /work/drb/ossim_plugins/lib/libossimgdal_plugin.so

If you have a j2k plugin you can do:
ossim-info -i -p <image>

If that is good you should be able to open in planet.  Note you must
pick up a projection to display in planet.

Hope that helps,
Dave