Problem with shapefile - Qgis Crashes during saving

Problem with shapefile - Qgis Crashes during saving

boesiii
Hello,

I was trying to edit a shapefile and when I tried to save the shapefile, Qgis crashed on me.  The original shapefile is linked below.  When I add the shapefile to Qgis I can only see some features but when I try and pan/zoom around, the features disappear.

What could be wrong?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n1ENVCjkaANDVMZktkSXRXb2c/view?usp=sharing

Re: Problem with shapefile - Qgis Crashes during saving

Piotr Kania
Hi - it's true - in Qgis 2.10.1 it doesn't work, but when I add that shp
to Kosmo I see all features and I can edit that point shapefile. In
Kosmo I saved your layer once again, than I took prj file (EPSG 2272)
from spatialreference.org and add it to second layer as
"second_layer.prj" - I had 4 new files - "second_layer.shp, s....shx,
...dbf and s...prj.
When I add that "second_layer.shp" to Qgis it works ok - I see all
fetures and I can make edits.

W dniu 2015-09-03 o 19:48, boesiii pisze:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to edit a shapefile and when I tried to save the shapefile,
> Qgis crashed on me.  The original shapefile is linked below.  When I add the
> shapefile to Qgis I can only see some features but when I try and pan/zoom
> around, the features disappear.
>
> What could be wrong?
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n1ENVCjkaANDVMZktkSXRXb2c/view?usp=sharing

Re: Problem with shapefile - Qgis Crashes during saving

Andre Joost
Am 04.09.2015 um 08:08 schrieb Piotr Kania:
> Hi - it's true - in Qgis 2.10.1 it doesn't work, but when I add that shp
> to Kosmo I see all features and I can edit that point shapefile. In
> Kosmo I saved your layer once again, than I took prj file (EPSG 2272)
> from spatialreference.org and add it to second layer as
> "second_layer.prj" - I had 4 new files - "second_layer.shp, s....shx,
> ...dbf and s...prj.
> When I add that "second_layer.shp" to Qgis it works ok - I see all
> fetures and I can make edits.

Alternatively, you can use the spatialite_gui to add all 1280 features
into a spatialite database. All GDAL based tools only add 7 features.
Maybe the shx file is broken.

HTH,
André Joost