Problem with rendering rectangular images

Problem with rendering rectangular images

GeoServer - User mailing list

Hi all,

I have a Geoserver layer that displays some points. Each point has an image_url attribute.

My styling doc is so simple:

*
{
  mark-size: 100;
  mark: url("${image_url}");
}

The problem, as shown in the following video, is that when I add a rectangular image, it can not be selected by clicking on its edges; it can be selected only when clicking on, or near, the center. This problem doesn't appear in square images.

Here is the video:

Thanks,
Nanaso

Re: Problem with rendering rectangular images

geowolf
It seems the images are getting rendered properly, but not identified.
GetFeatureInfo only searches in a small surrounding area the clicked point,
and uses the style information to figure out how big the search area should be.

My guess is that it's using the "size" attribute, which is likely related to the height,
and it's not loading the image from the style to figure out its width is higher.

I'd open a ticket with an example dataset and style to reproduce the issue.
(geoserver.org has links to the tracker)

Cheers
Andrea