Problem with "minus" in request WMS

Rober corona
Hello!!!

I have a problem to load a WMS-C from MapBuilder,the url created by MapBuilder on the fly is this:

and the browser respond:

<serviceException>
  <message>Connection timed out: connect</message>
</serviceException>

I think it is because the path has a "minus" in "wms-c", i have tried to put "wms%2Cc", but it doesn't work.On the other hand the url "http://www.cartociudad.es/wms-c/CARTOCIUDAD/CARTOCIUDAD?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS-C" works fine.
Somebody know how to do it.
Thanks.

Re: Problem with "minus" in request WMS

Gertjan van Oosten
Hi,

As quoted from Rober Corona <[hidden email]>:
> I have a problem to load a WMS-C from MapBuilder,the url created by MapBuilder
> on the fly is this:
> http://localhost:8080/mapbuilder/proxy?url=http%3A//www.cartociudad.es/wms-c/
> CARTOCIUDAD/CARTOCIUDAD%3FREQUEST%3DGetCapabilities%26SERVICE%3DWMS-C

Presumably MapBuilder runs on your local host?

> and the browser respond:
>
> <serviceException>
>   <message>Connection timed out: connect</message>
> </serviceException>

That probably means that MapBuilder's proxy running on localhost cannot
get to the cartociudad URL.  Can you go from your local host to that URL
directly (that is: without proxy settings in e.g. your browser [or wget
or whatever you want, even telnet])?

> I think it is because the path has a "minus" in "wms-c",

That seems unlikely to me; "-" is not a special URI character.

> On the other hand the url
> "http://www.cartociudad.es/wms-c/CARTOCIUDAD/CARTOCIUDAD?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS-C"
> works fine.

I get a Python error trace on that URL, so at least there's something
wrong there.

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, [hidden email], West Consulting B.V., +31 15 2191 600