Problem with polygon hatches

hottobar
Hi all, I'm maintaining a webgis client that loads 256x256 tiles via
WMS. I'm having a problem with hatched symbols rendering where hatches
do not align across image requests.

Here is an example:
https://imgur.com/a/xfZ7F2H

This is the corresponding CLASS section:
CLASS
   STYLE
     OUTLINEWIDTH 2
     OUTLINECOLOR "#FF0000"
   END
   STYLE
     SYMBOL 'hatched'
     WIDTH 1
     SIZE 6
     ANGLE 45
     COLOR "#FF0000"
   END
END

Googling around for a possible solution I found this old ticket:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3847

According to that ticket the problem was fixed in Mapserver 6.2, but I'm
using version 7.0.7 and I'm still having this issue.

Perhaps hatch alignment works only under specific conditions? The
documentation doesn't mention anything particular in this regard.

Am I missing something?
Is there a possible workaround?

Thanks.

--Marco