Problem with WMS/WFS connections

Michele Beneventi
Hi list,

I'm here again with my problem with WMS/WFS connections.
I've already installed  "qgis (1.1.0-5~jaunty3) jaunty" on my Ubuntu 9.04 from the url https://launchpad.net/~qgis/+archive/unstable, because I've got the same problem in the stable release 1.0.1

On clicking thhe WMS connections button I have this message in the bash:

Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_btnClose_clicked()
Segmentation fault

On clicking thhe WFS connections button I have this message in the bash:

Warning: Object::connect: No such slot QgsWFSPlugin::setCurrentTheme( QString ) in /build/buildd/qgis-1.1.0/src/plugins/wfs/qgswfsplugin.cpp:57
Warning: url is: http://webgis.regione.sardegna.it/geoserver/wfs?
Segmentation fault

I'm not a developer, I'm just an end user.
any idea??

regards
michele

https://launchpad.net/~qgis/+archive/unstable<https://launchpad.net/%7Eqgis/+archive/unstable>,
   because I've got the same problem in the stable release 1.0.1
   On clicking thhe WMS connections button I have this message in the bash:
   "Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
   on_btnClose_clicked()
   Segmentation fault"
   On clicking thhe WFS connections button I have this message in the bash:
   "Warning: Object::connect: No such slot QgsWFSPlugin::setCurrentTheme(
   QString ) in /build/buildd/qgis-1.1.0/src/plugins/wfs/qgswfsplugin.cpp:57
   Warning: url is: http://webgis.regione.sardegna.it/geoserver/wfs?
   Segmentation fault"
   I'm not a developer, I'm just an end user.
   any idea??
   regards
   michele

Re: Problem with WMS/WFS connections

Giovanni Manghi

> Warning: url is: http://webgis.regione.sardegna.it/geoserver/wfs?
> Segmentation fault

Hi,
I gave a try to the above wfs service, and I cannot replicate your
problem.

The only error I have when I try to add a layer is "the layer in not a
valid layer and cannot be added to the map".

qgis 1.1.0 on ubuntu 8.10

-- Giovanni --

Re: Problem with WMS/WFS connections

Michele Beneventi
Uhmm...  I begin to think that the problem is not qgis.

Thanks
Michele

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Giovanni Manghi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Warning: url is: http://webgis.regione.sardegna.it/geoserver/wfs?
>> Segmentation fault
>

> Hi,
> I gave a try to the above wfs service, and I cannot replicate your
> problem.
>
> The only error I have when I try to add a layer is "the layer in not a
> valid layer and cannot be added to the map".
>
> qgis 1.1.0 on ubuntu 8.10
>

> -- Giovanni --

AW: Problem with WMS/WFS connections

Hugentobler  Marco
Hi Michele

This problem happens on some computers, but I don't know the reason.

I had a training two months ago with five participants, all with ubuntu 8.10, qgis packages installed and identical configuration. The problem you described happened on three of them, but not on the other two (and also not on my laptop). I did a bit of research with the debugger and compiled Qt from source. My impression was that the problem even comes from a level below Qt.

Does someone know more about it or can do some research about it? As it does not happen on one of my computers, I cannot make further examinations.

Regards,
Marco

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Warning: url is: http://webgis.regione.sardegna.it/geoserver/wfs?
>> Segmentation fault
>

> Hi,
> I gave a try to the above wfs service, and I cannot replicate your
> problem.
>
> The only error I have when I try to add a layer is "the layer in not a
> valid layer and cannot be added to the map".
>
> qgis 1.1.0 on ubuntu 8.10
>

> -- Giovanni --

Re: AW: Problem with WMS/WFS connections

Lorenzo Masini
Il giorno ven, 15/05/2009 alle 11.38 +0200, Hugentobler Marco ha
scritto:
> Does someone know more about it or can do some research about it? As it does not happen on one of my computers, I cannot make further examinations.

I think the best way to investigate about this bug is recompile both qt
and qgis with debugging symbols and then run qgis from gdb.
Reproducing the problem gdb should give us more info about the problem.

regards
Lorenzo