Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Kori Maleski

MapGuide 2.1.0.4283
SQL Server 2005
ODBC FDO 3.4

I can create a Feature from the Lat Long columns of a table under the dbo schema, but if I use another schema the feature does not display in the map.

Anybody else encounter this?

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

Re: Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Warren Medernach-3
Hey Kori,
While this isn't an 'identical' test, I just tested this in MGE 2011 and can confirm the same results.
The points DO NOT display under a different schema.

Warren M

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Kori Maleski <[hidden email]> wrote:

MapGuide 2.1.0.4283
SQL Server 2005
ODBC FDO 3.4

I can create a Feature from the Lat Long columns of a table under the dbo schema, but if I use another schema the feature does not display in the map.

Anybody else encounter this?

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

Re: Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Kori Maleski
Thanks Warren!

So much for organizing by schema.  Can't wait to get to switch to MS SQL 2008 for spatial.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Warren Medernach <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Kori,
While this isn't an 'identical' test, I just tested this in MGE 2011 and can confirm the same results.
The points DO NOT display under a different schema.

Warren M

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Kori Maleski <[hidden email]> wrote:

MapGuide 2.1.0.4283
SQL Server 2005
ODBC FDO 3.4

I can create a Feature from the Lat Long columns of a table under the dbo schema, but if I use another schema the feature does not display in the map.

Anybody else encounter this?

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

RE: Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Dave Wilson

When you say it doesn't work under another schema does your ODBC login have rights to the other schema and some of the system tables? I'm not sure exactly what the rights need to be. This is a question for the FDO users list.

I suspect it's a permissions issue.

Dave

Re: Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Kori Maleski
The ODBC SQL login has the same rights, and the schemas are in the same database.

The work around is to create a dbo.view of the other schema.table.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Dave Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

When you say it doesn't work under another schema does your ODBC login have rights to the other schema and some of the system tables? I'm not sure exactly what the rights need to be. This is a question for the FDO users list.

I suspect it's a permissions issue.

Dave

Re: Problem with ODBC and Point Feature Display via Lat Long

Kori Maleski
Ahh...  If I set the SQL login to default to any other schema than dbo, then ALL schemas will display features from Lat Long.

If it is defaulted to dbo, then only dbo will display.

Please correct me if anyone gets different results.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski