Problem with GRASS GIS 6.4.4

Milos Lauter
Hello, I am having problem with module i.class. When I call it I get a message "  'i.class' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. " and in GUI Imagery->classify image->interactive input for supervised classification (requires Xterm) [i.class] is unavailable. I am using GRASS GIS 6.4.4 on Windows 8.1. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

Re: Problem with GRASS GIS 6.4.4

Markus Neteler
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Milos Lauter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I am having problem with module i.class. When I call it I get a
> message "  'i.class' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file. " and in GUI Imagery->classify
> image->interactive input for supervised classification (requires Xterm)
> [i.class] is unavailable. I am using GRASS GIS 6.4.4 on Windows 8.1. How can
> I solve this problem? Thank you.

This portability problem has been addressed in GRASS GIS 7:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Imageprocessing
--> Image processing
     --> i.class: rewritten in  wxGUI, see G7:g.gui.iclass
           http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/g.gui.iclass.html

The old i.class in GRASS 6 depends on the X Server which is not part
of Windows. With Cygwin you could get it running but it is way more
interesting to install GRASS 7 (also in parallel).

Markus