Problem using Add Island (QGIS 1.0.0 stable)

Problem using Add Island (QGIS 1.0.0 stable)

Vito Meuli
Sorry, I posted in reply to another thread. Let's try again :-)
Update: same problem on QGIS 1.0.0 stable, windows XP
---------------
Hi all!
I'm trying to add an island to a MULTIPOLYGON geometry stored in a shapefile.

It seems that if I have the old geometry on screen, then I can add the island;
if I pan far enough not to have the old geometry on screen anymore, then I
cannot add the island!

A colleague of mine discovered something more: after that I have already added
an island to the geometry (both drawed on the screen together), then I'm able
to add other islands even if the old ones are not drawed on screen anymore.

Really strange!
Am I missing something or what?

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Vito
-----------------------
PS: The underlying problem is that I'm trying to export this shapefile from
PostGIS, including even rows without geometry; AFAIK this cannot be done, so
I put a fake geometry (in a fixed, known position) when exporting a row
having a null geometry.
Then someone else should edit this shapefile using QGIS and add an island to
such row to draw the real geometry it should have.
Finally, when importing the shapefile in PostGIS again, the fake geometry will
be removed.
--
Ing. Vito Meuli

Tecnologie Avanzate S.r.l.
via B. Croce, 49
70015 Noci (BA)
tel. +39 080 4979652
fax  +39 080 4979263

email: [hidden email]
http://www.tecnologieavanzate.it

Re: Problem using Add Island (QGIS 1.0.0 stable)

Vito Meuli
Update:
same problem if I create the shapefile in QGIS (no export from PostGIS).

Vito