Problem to support OSM

hz hanks
Hi, All

I was asked to set up a cache server with seeding function, so I
picked tile cache. It's working well now with WMS.

The problem is that, according to some licence issues, we need to use
the map data provided from OSM. And we don't want to set up OSM server
by ourselves.

Is there any simple way to solve this problem? For example, can we
just add an entry in tilecache.cfg with some URLs to OSM server (e.g.
http://a.tile.opencyclemap.org/cycle/${z}/${x}/${y}.png) and let it
work just as WMS?

Does anyone have a suggestion? Really appreciated!

Best,
Hanks

Re: Problem to support OSM

hz hanks
Hi, Eric

Thank you so much for your instant reply!

I didn't fully understand the concept of "mirror a tile cache". Can
you explain it?

For my application, I just need a cache server to cache the map data I
visited (if it can cache it in advance, it would be better). And I
think tile cache can satisfy that if I set the expire time to be very
long. The problem I have is how to get the raw data from a OSM server
not WMS server. I'm using OpenLayers so I think I can send both OSM
and WMS request from my code.

Any idea about that?

Thanks!

Best,