Problem in downloading and installing GRASS64 package

Problem in downloading and installing GRASS64 package

Colatalavica
Dear windows mailing list,

I have already send you a msg, I hope that this time someone will explain me what I miss here,

To download the grass64 and gdal, I follow the istraction on your web pages, and I make a short-cut of set.up.exe, then through proprieties I edit the setup.exe adding -X as follow:
Target : C:\Users\USER\Desktop\setup.exe -X
then I run the set.up.exe -X, and I go to the list of mirror, than I add the following URL:
I click on next and a msg comes out saying that
"http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/ //setup.ini line 1 : syntax error, unexpected LT, expecting $end"
I am sorry but I do not undenstand why it does not work, can someone explain me?

Best wishes

Angelo

Angelo Paone
Research Professor
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Marie Curie Fellow
PhD, MSc, BSc
Pusan Natioanl University
Department of Earth Science
30, Jangjeon-dong, Geumjeong-gu
Busan, Republic of Korea
Tel. +82-51-510-2987

Re: Problem in downloading and installing GRASS64 package

Markus Neteler
Hi Angelo,

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Angelo Paone <[hidden email]> wrote:
> and a msg comes out saying that
> "http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/ //setup.ini line 1
> : syntax error, unexpected LT, expecting $end"
> I am sorry but I do not undenstand why it does not work, can someone explain
> me?

this is strange and should not happen.
I have made a small modification to the file, can you try again?

Best
Markus

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Angelo,
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Angelo Paone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> and a msg comes out saying that
>> "http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/ //setup.ini line 1
>> : syntax error, unexpected LT, expecting $end"
>> I am sorry but I do not undenstand why it does not work, can someone explain
>> me?
>
> this is strange and should not happen.
> I have made a small modification to the file, can you try again?

Perhaps the recent Cygwin has a different format?
http://cygwin.com/setup.html

Markus