Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

oz

Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

oz
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

Jean-Claude Repetto
On 29/08/2014 04:09, precy wrote:

> I have 4(sometimes 5) raster images and projected these using gdalwarp. I've
> tried stitching these images using these commands gdal_merge.py -n 0
> -a_nodata 0 -of GTiff -0 output.tif a.tif b.tif c.tif d.tif e.tif. The first
> 3 images was stitched and the last 2 images was also stitched, but they were
> stitched separately but saved in one image.How will I solve this?
>
> I want the 5 raster to be stitch(mosaic) properly without spaces in between.
> I have attached here the output image(as what you will observe there was a
> space/cut in between the stitched images). Thanks!
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5158957/output.gif>
>
> Note: The original image was a tif file, I just converted it in gif because
> it returned error due to the limit of the message size.

You can use gdalwarp to reproject and merge several maps at the same time :
gdalwarp -t_srs srs_def a.tif b.tif c.tif d.tif e.tif output.tif

oz

Re: Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

oz
I've tried your suggestion but then the result was this:
Note: I used OpenEV to open the file.

Re: Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

Andre Joost
Am 29.08.2014 09:04, schrieb user_name:
> I've tried your suggestion but then the result was this:
> Note: I used OpenEV to open the file.

Perhaps you should switch to QGIS. OpenEV is quite old, and may not work
with all output of GDAL. The grey parts between the images should have NODATA value.

HTH,
André Joost

Re: Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
user_name <ljvillarin30 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've tried your suggestion but then the result was this:
> Note: I used OpenEV to open the file.
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5158992/openev.gif>

Hi,

Result looks like it is because the black slivers which are created by
warping are not made transparent. Have a try by adding -dstnodata 0 0 0 to
the gdalwarp command.

-Jukka Rahkonen-