Problem adding new dates

Jo Cook
Hi List,

I've got a schema here: https://github.com/AstunTechnology/iso19139.gemini22_GN3 based on ISO19139. This is mainly working in Geonetwork 3.0.x apart from adding a new Citation Date.

I've got it set so that the plus button for adding a new date appears in both default or full view when editing. However when this is clicked, nothing appears to happen. When I look at the XML I can see that the following snippet is added:

<gmd:date>
   <gmd:CI_Date>
      <gmd:dateType>
                              codeListValue=""/>
      </gmd:dateType>
   </gmd:CI_Date>
</gmd:date>

This is incorrect. What it should be is:

<gmd:date>
   <gmd:CI_Date>
      <gmd:date>
         <gco:Date/>
      </gmd:date>
      <gmd:dateType>
         <gmd:CI_DateTypeCode codeListValue="publication"
                              codeList="http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/ISO_19139_Schemas/resources/Codelist/ML_gmxCodelists.xml#CI_DateTypeCode">publication</gmd:CI_DateTypeCode>
      </gmd:dateType>
   </gmd:CI_Date>
</gmd:date>

The correct snippet is added in ISO19139 so I know it's something in my code, but I don't know where this snippet would be defined. I can't see it in config-editor.xml or layout.xsl. If someone could explain how that should work, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Problem adding new dates

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

Can you point to the changes you've done in the GEMINI 2.2 schema to check?

Regards,
Jose García

t:<a href="tel:%2B44%207930%20524%20155" value="+447930524155" target="_blank">+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:<a href="tel:%2B44%201372%20744%20009" value="+441372744009" target="_blank">+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: Problem adding new dates

Jo Cook
Hi Jose,

I have partially solved this- the schema profile that I had originally copied (I can't remember which one) had the gco:date section in schema-suggestions.xml commented out. I have uncommented that and can now add a new date. However in testing this, I have noticed that not all the date formats given in the dropdown list work correctly. I have not fully investigated this yet but I don't seem to be able to store dates if I choose "Year Only".

I don't fully understand where these are defined but probably need to look at the log files to see if there are any errors first.

Thanks

Jo

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:29 AM, Jose Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

gco:Date should allow these formats: date (YYYY-MM-DD), yearmonth(YYYY-MM) and year (YYYY), so initially the year format should be fine. Have you check if works fine in the ISO19139 profile? Just to discard a bug in the date control used in GeoNetwork.

Regards,
Jose García