Problem Import wfs from Mapserver in Web Feature Server (NG) Geoserver

Problem Import wfs from Mapserver in Web Feature Server (NG) Geoserver

geomatick
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I m trying to create a layer in Web Feature Server (NG) store from wfs
Mapserver.

The provider informs the URL wfs Mapserver as :
http://ogc.geo-ide.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/wxs?map=/opt/data/carto/geoide-catalogue/1.4/org_38102/811a8b21-2526-4eb9-bfaf-ffe61175a313.internet.map

So I update it to get the projection and the GetCapabilities as :
http://ogc.geo-ide.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/wxs?map=/opt/data/carto/geoide-catalogue/1.4/org_38102/811a8b21-2526-4eb9-bfaf-ffe61175a313.internet.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SRSNAME=epsg:4326

In web navigator, there is no matter and in QGIS I succeed to import the
layer.

To import the data in geoserver, I create a Web Feature Server (NG) store
like in this tutorial of Geo-solutions
http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it/edu/en/adding_data/add_wfscascade.html and
I publish the layer.

Unfortunately, It s impossible to display the layer.

Could you help me please?

Thank's for your return.

Florian

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: Problem Import wfs from Mapserver in Web Feature Server (NG) Geoserver

geowolf
Hi,
while I haven't tried, forcing the latest version is normal bad for interoperability (there are more unknown problems,
it's less likely that the server is certified compliant on that version and that the client matured the necessary
"flexibility" to handle out of spec behavior, or simply has bugs that show up with a particular implementation).

Have you also tried &version=1.0.0 instead?

Cheers
Andrea

http://ogc.geo-ide.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/wxs?map=/opt/data/carto/geoide-catalogue/1.4/org_38102/811a8b21-2526-4eb9-bfaf-ffe61175a313.internet.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=2.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SRSNAME=epsg:4326

In web navigator, there is no matter and in QGIS I succeed to import the
layer.

To import the data in geoserver, I create a Web Feature Server (NG) store
like in this tutorial of Geo-solutions
http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it/edu/en/adding_data/add_wfscascade.html and
I publish the layer.

Unfortunately, It s impossible to display the layer.

Could you help me please?

Thank's for your return.

Florian

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Andrea Aime

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: Problem Import wfs from Mapserver in Web Feature Server (NG) Geoserver

geomatick
Hi Andrea,

Thank's for your return.

Yes I tried the different versions of WFS 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 2.0.0.

Just WFS 1.0.0 enables to create the store with the URL Mapserver provider.

So I understand that there is no solution?

Florian

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 2:14 PM, geomatick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just WFS 1.0.0 enables to create the store with the URL Mapserver provider.

So I understand that there is no solution?

I can't tell you without spending more time analyzing the issue (time that I don't have right now, sorry...)
but if you can configure the layer and view them in 1.0 but not 1.1 and 2.0 it might be an axis flipping
issue, mapserver has had issues with it in the past (I thought they were fixed, but who knows, maybe
it's configuration dependent or that is an older version).

To handle server that do not respect axis flipping according to specification there are two axis
order controls in the store configuration, you can try to play with them and see if one particular combination
makes it work

Cheers
Andrea
==

==

[...]

alicemartin
Hello,

I also tested the different versions of WFS (1.0.0, 1.1.0, 2.0.0) but the
layer cannot be displayed. On the other hand, a Getfeature request works in
a web navigator. Isn't it odd?

I don’t know WFS well, but I notice a warning message when you use the URL
http://ogc.geo-ide.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/wxs?map=/opt/data/carto/geoide-catalogue/1.4/org_38102/811a8b21-2526-4eb9-bfaf-ffe61175a313.internet.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SRSNAME=epsg:4326
<http://ogc.geo-ide.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/wxs?map=/opt/data/carto/geoide-catalogue/1.4/org_38102/811a8b21-2526-4eb9-bfaf-ffe61175a313.internet.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SRSNAME=epsg:4326>
 in a web navigator. On codeline 88, it’s written « WARNING: Required
Feature Id attribute (fid) not specified for this feature type. Make sure
you set one of wfs_featureid, ows_featureid or gml_featureid metadata. ».
Does anyone know if this error message is related to the impossibility to
display the layer in Geoserver ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Alice

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Problem Import wfs from Mapserver in Web Feature Server (NG) Geoserver

Ian Turton
When I try to use that MapServer as a WFS in the raw GeoTools code it gives me an exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: Content type is required for org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.DescribeFeatureTypeResponse
at org.geotools.data.ows.Response.<init>(Response.java:49)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSResponse.<init>(WFSResponse.java:66)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.DescribeFeatureTypeResponse.<init>(DescribeFeatureTypeResponse.java:45)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.parsers.DescribeFeatureTypeResponseFactory.createResponse(DescribeFeatureTypeResponseFactory.java:62)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSRequest.createResponse(WFSRequest.java:220)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSRequest.createResponse(WFSRequest.java:38)
at org.geotools.data.ows.AbstractOpenWebService.internalIssueRequest(AbstractOpenWebService.java:445)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSClient.internalIssueRequest(WFSClient.java:298)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSClient.issueRequest(WFSClient.java:360)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSDataStore.getRemoteFeatureType(WFSDataStore.java:210)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSDataStore.getRemoteSimpleFeatureType(WFSDataStore.java:264)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSFeatureSource.buildFeatureType(WFSFeatureSource.java:348)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getAbsoluteSchema(ContentFeatureSource.java:356)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getSchema(ContentFeatureSource.java:325)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureCollection.<init>(ContentFeatureCollection.java:80)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getFeatures(ContentFeatureSource.java:583)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getFeatures(ContentFeatureSource.java:114)
at com.ianturton.cookbook.input.FetchWFS.getData(FetchWFS.java:187)
at com.ianturton.cookbook.input.FetchWFS.main(FetchWFS.java:67)

But when I use curl to fetch that URL it says that the content-type is text/xml;charset=UTF-8 but that might be curl guessing

So this might be a bug or an improvement we need

Ian

On 9 January 2018 at 12:05, alicemartin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

But even if we worked around that there are a bunch of other issues -

2018-01-09T14:07:51.225+0000  WARNING  Error occured getting schema
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Premature end of file.
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.getDocument(XSDResourceImpl.java:342)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.getDocument(XSDResourceImpl.java:370)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.doLoad(XSDResourceImpl.java:679)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.doLoad(XSDResourceImpl.java:790)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)
at org.geotools.xml.Schemas.parse(Schemas.java:329)
at org.geotools.xml.Schemas.parse(Schemas.java:294)
at org.geotools.xml.Schemas.parse(Schemas.java:256)
at org.geotools.xml.XSD.buildSchema(XSD.java:281)
at org.geotools.xml.XSD.getSchema(XSD.java:232)
at org.geotools.xml.SchemaLocator.locateSchema(SchemaLocator.java:96)
at org.geotools.xml.Schemas.findSchemas(Schemas.java:167)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parseFeatureType(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:297)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parse(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:217)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.DescribeFeatureTypeResponse.<init>(DescribeFeatureTypeResponse.java:65)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.parsers.DescribeFeatureTypeResponseFactory.createResponse(DescribeFeatureTypeResponseFactory.java:62)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSRequest.createResponse(WFSRequest.java:220)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSRequest.createResponse(WFSRequest.java:1)
at org.geotools.data.ows.AbstractOpenWebService.internalIssueRequest(AbstractOpenWebService.java:445)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSClient.internalIssueRequest(WFSClient.java:298)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSClient.issueRequest(WFSClient.java:360)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSDataStore.getRemoteFeatureType(WFSDataStore.java:210)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSDataStore.getRemoteSimpleFeatureType(WFSDataStore.java:264)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSFeatureSource.buildFeatureType(WFSFeatureSource.java:370)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getAbsoluteSchema(ContentFeatureSource.java:356)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getSchema(ContentFeatureSource.java:325)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureCollection.<init>(ContentFeatureCollection.java:80)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getFeatures(ContentFeatureSource.java:583)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getFeatures(ContentFeatureSource.java:114)
at com.ianturton.cookbook.input.FetchWFS.getData(FetchWFS.java:187)
at com.ianturton.cookbook.input.FetchWFS.main(FetchWFS.java:67)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseExceptionpublicId: file:/tmp/N_ZONE_REG_PPRN_20060184_S_0815591013354703089221.xsd; systemId: file:/tmp/N_ZONE_REG_PPRN_20060184_S_0815591013354703089221.xsd; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.getDocument(XSDResourceImpl.java:333)
... 30 more

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.geotools.data.DataSourceException: No XSDElementDeclaration found for {<a href="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver}N_ZONE_REG_PPRN_20060184_S_081">http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver}N_ZONE_REG_PPRN_20060184_S_081
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getAbsoluteSchema(ContentFeatureSource.java:358)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getSchema(ContentFeatureSource.java:325)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureCollection.<init>(ContentFeatureCollection.java:80)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getFeatures(ContentFeatureSource.java:583)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getFeatures(ContentFeatureSource.java:114)
at com.ianturton.cookbook.input.FetchWFS.getData(FetchWFS.java:187)
at com.ianturton.cookbook.input.FetchWFS.main(FetchWFS.java:67)
Caused by: org.geotools.data.DataSourceException: No XSDElementDeclaration found for {<a href="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver}N_ZONE_REG_PPRN_20060184_S_081">http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver}N_ZONE_REG_PPRN_20060184_S_081
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parseFeatureType(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:306)
[...]
... 6 more

And the server hasn't defined any Projections

<!--
WARNING: Mandatory mapfile parameter: (at least one of) MAP.PROJECTION, LAYER.PROJECTION or wfs/ows_srs metadata was missing in this context.
-->

amongst other warnings.

Ian

On 9 January 2018 at 13:58, Ian Turton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I don’t understand everything, but may I conclude that the first thing to do
is contact the producer of this wfs in order to solve all these issues ?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html