Problem GeoNode OSGeoLive 13.0 / Missing OGC reference metadata

Problem GeoNode OSGeoLive 13.0 / Missing OGC reference metadata

Lilia Pleskach
Dear all,

As a part of my university project, I wanted to test GeoNode framework to explore its functionalities etc. The easiest way I found was the installation of the OSGeoLive. I've installed the OSGeoLive 13.0 on my virtual box 6.1.4 using following instructions:  https://osgeo.github.io/OSGeoLive-doc/fr/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html.

After successful installation, I've upload my vector data to the catalog using the "Upload Layers" menu. And GeoNode looks working well before the moment I try to create the map. The problem is that I can't upload the layers on the map. When I open the catalog the problem says: Missing OGC reference metadata (first screenshot)
In addition, the graphical interface of the GeoNode is not the same as it should be (there is no a map composition interface, no toolbox with the instruments etc). In the second screenshot you can see the "normal" interface like it should be.

In the screenshots you can also see how my map interface is looking right now:

Do you have the idea there is the problem?

Thanks a lot,
Lilia

Re: Problem GeoNode OSGeoLive 13.0 / Missing OGC reference metadata

Alessio Fabiani-2
Hello Lilia,
OSGeoLive 13 installation is missing some configuration probably.
In order to fix that error you should change some settings on GeoNode, but it is not something easy for a user.

The easiest way for you to try, would be to create a map directly from the Layer list

image.png

image.png

About the second point, that interface is old and no more available on GeoNode. GeoNode is using a new web client now.

The documentation of OSGeoLive is outdated.

Regards,
Alessio.

--

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.