Printing complex base maps

pcav
Hi all,
I have a project with several complex and slow base maps (two external
WMS anfd one local vector). Printing works fine, except for the fact
that the base maps are not printed, even at low resolution (100 DPI).
Nothing shown in the log, except for a probably not relevant:
2020-03-02 08:13:26 10.10.72.5 warning 2020-03-02 08:13:26 [2]
file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?service=WMS&request=GetCapabilitiesAtlas&map=%2Fhome%2Flizmap%2Fgeoportale%2FTest%2Eqgs):
failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

Is there any suggestion? Can increasing the timeout defaults solve the
issue? Unfortunately the project is not public, so I cannot let you try.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Printing complex base maps

pcav
forget about it, it's just a timeout.
it would be nice to log it, anyway.
cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Printing complex base maps

pcav
now trying to solve the issue in a stable way. Is there a guide on how
to do it? Caching does not seem to help much. Is the process I/O, CPU,
or RAM-bound?
Thanks for any hint.
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Printing complex base maps

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Paolo,

Do you have check your QGIS Server configuration stored in the QGIS3.ini
file ?

[qgis]
networkAndProxy\networkTimeout=30000
defaultTileExpiry=168
defaultTileMaxRetry=2
defaultCapabilitiesExpiry=24
compileExpressions=true
enable_render_caching=true
parallel_rendering=true

Reagrds,
René-Luc
Le 04/03/2020 à 11:25, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :

> Hi all,
> now trying to solve the issue in a stable way. Is there a guide on how
> to do it? Caching does not seem to help much. Is the process I/O, CPU,
> or RAM-bound?
> Thanks for any hint.
> Cheers.
>
> forget about it, it's just a timeout.
> it would be nice to log it, anyway.
> cheers.
>
> Il 02/03/20 09:54, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a project with several complex and slow base maps (two external
>> WMS anfd one local vector). Printing works fine, except for the fact
>> that the base maps are not printed, even at low resolution (100 DPI).
>> Nothing shown in the log, except for a probably not relevant:
>> 2020-03-02 08:13:26 10.10.72.5 warning 2020-03-02 08:13:26 [2]
>> file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?service=WMS&request=GetCapabilitiesAtlas&map=%2Fhome%2Flizmap%2Fgeoportale%2FTest%2Eqgs):
>> failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented
>>
>> Is there any suggestion? Can increasing the timeout defaults solve the
>> issue? Unfortunately the project is not public, so I cannot let you try.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Cheers.

Re: Printing complex base maps

pcav
Thanks a lot, a very promising suggestion.
Cheers.

file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?service=WMS&amp;request=GetCapabilitiesAtlas&amp;map=%2Fhome%2Flizmap%2Fgeoportale%2FTest%2Eqgs):
failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

Is there any suggestion? Can increasing the timeout defaults solve the
issue? Unfortunately the project is not public, so I cannot let you try.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Lizmap mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/lizmap

--
Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Printing complex base maps

pcav
Hi René-Luc,
I have done several tests, and while raster-based background layers are
printed correctly, a couple of layers coming from pg layers with complex
symbology are not rendered at all, even raising timeout to 1  min;
printing is fas, as if the backgrounds were not taken into account at all.
I'm at loss here, any hint would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Il 04/03/20 11:52, René-Luc Dhont ha scritto:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> Do you have check your QGIS Server configuration stored in the QGIS3.ini
> file ?
>
> [qgis]
> networkAndProxy\networkTimeout=30000
> defaultTileExpiry=168
> defaultTileMaxRetry=2
> defaultCapabilitiesExpiry=24
> compileExpressions=true
> enable_render_caching=true
> parallel_rendering=true
>
> Reagrds,
> René-Luc
> Le 04/03/2020 à 11:25, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> now trying to solve the issue in a stable way. Is there a guide on how
>> to do it? Caching does not seem to help much. Is the process I/O, CPU,
>> or RAM-bound?
>> Thanks for any hint.
>> Cheers.
>>
>> forget about it, it's just a timeout.
>> it would be nice to log it, anyway.
>> cheers.
>>
>> Il 02/03/20 09:54, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have a project with several complex and slow base maps (two external
>>> WMS anfd one local vector). Printing works fine, except for the fact
>>> that the base maps are not printed, even at low resolution (100 DPI).
>>> Nothing shown in the log, except for a probably not relevant:
>>> 2020-03-02 08:13:26    10.10.72.5    warning    2020-03-02
>>> 08:13:26    [2]
>>> file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?service=WMS&amp;request=GetCapabilitiesAtlas&amp;map=%2Fhome%2Flizmap%2Fgeoportale%2FTest%2Eqgs):
>>>
>>> failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented
>>>
>>> Is there any suggestion? Can increasing the timeout defaults solve the
>>> issue? Unfortunately the project is not public, so I cannot let you try.
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Cheers.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Printing complex base maps

pcav
Hi,
could this be somewhat related to bug
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/issues/1555 ?
Cheers.

Il 09/03/20 12:55, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:

> Hi René-Luc,
> I have done several tests, and while raster-based background layers are
> printed correctly, a couple of layers coming from pg layers with complex
> symbology are not rendered at all, even raising timeout to 1  min;
> printing is fas, as if the backgrounds were not taken into account at all.
> I'm at loss here, any hint would be greatly appreciated.
> Cheers.
>
> Il 04/03/20 11:52, René-Luc Dhont ha scritto:
>> Hi Paolo,
>>
>> Do you have check your QGIS Server configuration stored in the QGIS3.ini
>> file ?
>>
>> [qgis]
>> networkAndProxy\networkTimeout=30000
>> defaultTileExpiry=168
>> defaultTileMaxRetry=2
>> defaultCapabilitiesExpiry=24
>> compileExpressions=true
>> enable_render_caching=true
>> parallel_rendering=true
>>
>> Reagrds,
>> René-Luc
>> Le 04/03/2020 à 11:25, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>> now trying to solve the issue in a stable way. Is there a guide on how
>>> to do it? Caching does not seem to help much. Is the process I/O, CPU,
>>> or RAM-bound?
>>> Thanks for any hint.
>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> forget about it, it's just a timeout.
>>> it would be nice to log it, anyway.
>>> cheers.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Printing complex base maps

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Paolo,

Probably, can you reproduce the issue about print ? not crash ?

Regards
René-Luc

Le 16/03/2020 à 19:30, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :

> Hi,
> could this be somewhat related to bug
> https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/issues/1555 ?
> Cheers.
>
> Il 09/03/20 12:55, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Hi René-Luc,
>> I have done several tests, and while raster-based background layers are
>> printed correctly, a couple of layers coming from pg layers with complex
>> symbology are not rendered at all, even raising timeout to 1  min;
>> printing is fas, as if the backgrounds were not taken into account at all.
>> I'm at loss here, any hint would be greatly appreciated.
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Il 04/03/20 11:52, René-Luc Dhont ha scritto:
>>> Hi Paolo,
>>>
>>> Do you have check your QGIS Server configuration stored in the QGIS3.ini
>>> file ?
>>>
>>> [qgis]
>>> networkAndProxy\networkTimeout=30000
>>> defaultTileExpiry=168
>>> defaultTileMaxRetry=2
>>> defaultCapabilitiesExpiry=24
>>> compileExpressions=true
>>> enable_render_caching=true
>>> parallel_rendering=true
>>>
>>> Reagrds,
>>> René-Luc

Re: Printing complex base maps

pcav
Hi René-Luc
we have found the issue: when >1 layers are grouped, they are not
printed. So it looks definitely issue
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/issues/1555
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/35107
What are the plans for this?
Cheers.

Il 17/03/20 09:40, René-Luc Dhont ha scritto:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> Probably, can you reproduce the issue about print ? not crash ?
>
> Regards
> René-Luc
>
> Le 16/03/2020 à 19:30, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> could this be somewhat related to bug
>> https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/issues/1555 ?
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Il 09/03/20 12:55, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>>> Hi René-Luc,
>>> I have done several tests, and while raster-based background layers are
>>> printed correctly, a couple of layers coming from pg layers with complex
>>> symbology are not rendered at all, even raising timeout to 1  min;
>>> printing is fas, as if the backgrounds were not taken into account at
>>> all.
>>> I'm at loss here, any hint would be greatly appreciated.
>>> Cheers.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Printing complex base maps

René-Luc Dhont
Thanks Poalo,

The plan is firstly to create a test then try to fix it, like this QGIS
Server issue https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/35060

Regards,
René-Luc