Print composer in GGIS 1.0.2 crashes computer unrecoverable

Print composer in GGIS 1.0.2 crashes computer unrecoverable

Rainer M Krug-6
Hi

I one computer running Hardy Heron (all updates), QGIS 1.0.2, running
against QT 4.4.0 and on another computer against QT 4.4.1

When I create a new project, add a single polygon shapefile with the
size of 25 MB I can crash my whole session so that ONLY remote login
via ssh works to reboot the computer - X is using 100% of the
processor time:

I open the print composer and add the map. Nothing happens for a few
seconds, and trhen the screen goes blank and nothing works any more,
except of the remote login. Interestingly, from the remote login the
speed looks normal and very responsive.

I could reproduce this on both computers. The same happened, after
using Save To Shapefile and using that file.

Can somebody confirm this?

Due to the size (and copyright issues) I can not send around.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug, Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology,
Stellenbosch University, South Africa

AW: Print composer in GGIS 1.0.2 crashes computerunrecoverable

Hugentobler  Marco
Hi Rainer

Do you have the chance to test it with a current development version (checked out from svn)? If not, could you send me the data privately so that I might test?

Regards,
Marco

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: Print composer in GGIS 1.0.2 crashes computerunrecoverable

Rainer M Krug-6
I am checking out SVN unstable development trunk:
svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/qgis qgis_unstable

I'll compile it and let you know.

Rainer