Print composer confusion

Mikhail Umorin-2
Hello -

I am confused about the Print composer. When I click on the Print button on the toolbar I get Print composer, but there are no "general" or "item" tabs - just grey area filling the whole window under the toolbar. When I click on "add new map" nothing happens and I am unsure about where "to grad a rectangle" as the manual suggests. QGIS version: 0.10.0 Qt: 4.3.4

Could someone clarify to me as to how I can print and export images from QGis?

Mikhail.

Re: Print composer confusion

Hugentobler  Marco
Hi Mikhail,

There is a slider near the right end of the dialog. Try to move this slider to
the left, then the composer should appear as it used to.

Hope it helps,
Marco

Am Freitag 02 Mai 2008 00:09:18 schrieb Mikhail Umorin:

> Hello -
>
> I am confused about the Print composer. When I click on the Print button on
> the toolbar I get Print composer, but there are no "general" or "item" tabs
> - just grey area filling the whole window under the toolbar. When I click
> on "add new map" nothing happens and I am unsure about where "to grad a
> rectangle" as the manual suggests. QGIS version: 0.10.0 Qt: 4.3.4
>
> Could someone clarify to me as to how I can print and export images from
> QGis?
>
> Mikhail.

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich

Re: Print composer confusion

Mikhail Umorin-2
Marco —

There is no slider. The print composer window contains only the tool
bar with icons, "Help", and "Close" buttons. That's it! The rest is gray
background.

Mikhail.

>>> On 5/2/08 at 2:19 AM, in message
<[hidden email]>, Marco
Hugentobler
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> There is a slider near the right end of the dialog. Try to move this
slider

> the left, then the composer should appear as it used to.
>
> Hope it helps,
> Marco
>
> Am Freitag 02 Mai 2008 00:09:18 schrieb Mikhail Umorin:
>> Hello -
>>
>> I am confused about the Print composer. When I click on the Print
button on
>> the toolbar I get Print composer, but there are no "general" or
"item" tabs
>> - just grey area filling the whole window under the toolbar. When I
click
>> on "add new map" nothing happens and I am unsure about where "to
grad a
>> rectangle" as the manual suggests. QGIS version: 0.10.0 Qt: 4.3.4
>>
>> Could someone clarify to me as to how I can print and export images
from

>> QGis?
>>
>> Mikhail.

Re: Print composer confusion

pcav
Mikhail Umorin ha scritto:

> There is no slider. The print composer window contains only the tool
> bar with icons, "Help", and "Close" buttons. That's it! The rest is gray
> background.

ther *is* a slider: check on the right.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *

Re: Print composer confusion

Mikhail Umorin-2
Ok, there is. But in my case it was invisible because it was the same colour as the rest of the window background (see attached). I apologize for the confusion. Are the colours, such as this, set up in QGIS, KDE, or underlying Qt?

Mikhail.

Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mikhail Umorin ha scritto:
>
>> There is no slider. The print composer window contains only the tool
>> bar with icons, "Help", and "Close" buttons. That's it! The rest is gray
>> background.
>
> ther *is* a slider: check on the right.
> pc
> --
> Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *

PrintComposer.png (32K) Download Attachment