Print Composer Filter

Xan Vieiro

Hi,

is it possible to filter a layer from print composer? I know an attribute layer can be filtered from composer and even it is possible to do some kind of filtering using Atlas, but I don't find a way to filter any feature from print composer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Print Composer Filter

Karl Magnus Jönsson

Hi!

How do you mean? You do the filtering in the layer properties in the QGIS main window. For atlas there are some more variables or functions available when doing this.

Karl-Magnus Jönsson

is it possible to filter a layer from print composer? I know an attribute layer can be filtered from composer and even it is possible to do some kind of filtering using Atlas, but I don't find a way to filter any feature from print composer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Print Composer Filter

Karl Magnus Jönsson

Ok. One option is to create a rule based style with a filter for the layer. Then add the style as a named style: In the layers symbology tab -> Style button -> Add… and name it e.g. print style. Then make sure all layers are visible and looks like you want in the layout. Add a map theme e.g print theme and associate the map in the layout with this map theme. Then you can change the style in main window as you wish, alter to default style for the layer and remove the rule based styling, make more named styles and map themes for different purposes.

Regards

Karl-Magnus Jönsson

How do you mean? You do the filtering in the layer properties in the QGIS main window.

No, I don't. I just want to keep the whole layer at main window and doing filtering directly at print composer.

For atlas there are some more variables or functions available when doing this.

Karl-Magnus Jönsson

Regards,

Xan V.

Extraction of lineament using Landsat and aster in Qgis. 3.6

jean Lukusa
Hi all.
I want  to  know  the  way  I can  extract  lineaments  and  other structures  from  landast 8 and  optical aster  using  Qgis version  3.6

Exploration  Geologist
+243 812156128(wattsap,imo)
+243 973741744
+243 840367401

Le mar. 28 mai 2019 10:46, Karl Magnus Jönsson <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Ok. One option is to create a rule based style with a filter for the layer. Then add the style as a named style: In the layers symbology tab -> Style button -> Add… and name it e.g. print style. Then make sure all layers are visible and looks like you want in the layout. Add a map theme e.g print theme and associate the map in the layout with this map theme. Then you can change the style in main window as you wish, alter to default style for the layer and remove the rule based styling, make more named styles and map themes for different purposes.

Regards

Karl-Magnus Jönsson

Re: Print Composer Filter

Karl Magnus Jönsson
Good it worked. Posting it to the list as well.

/Karl-Magnus Jönsson

29 maj 2019 kl. 00:05 skrev Xan Vieiro <[hidden email]>:

Hi Karl,

your recipe works fine. Many thanks for the hint!

It will be great if there were a feature filter in the map element at print composer, so map themes could be reduced.

Kind regards,

Xan V.

El mar., 28 may. 2019 a las 11:46, Karl Magnus Jönsson (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Ok. One option is to create a rule based style with a filter for the layer. Then add the style as a named style: In the layers symbology tab -> Style button -> Add… and name it e.g. print style. Then make sure all layers are visible and looks like you want in the layout. Add a map theme e.g print theme and associate the map in the layout with this map theme. Then you can change the style in main window as you wish, alter to default style for the layer and remove the rule based styling, make more named styles and map themes for different purposes.

Regards

Karl-Magnus Jönsson

Re: Print Composer Filter

Xan Vieiro
Ups...

Hi Karl,

your recipe works fine. Many thanks for the hint!

It will be great if there were a feature filter in the map element at print composer, so map themes could be reduced.

Kind regards,

Xan V.

O 08:00, Mér., 29 de maio de 2019, Karl Magnus Jönsson <[hidden email]> escribiu:
Hi,