Potential inactive members - action requested

Potential inactive members - action requested

Michael Gerlek
Boarders:

It is our policy [citation needed] that members who have not voted in the past two elections are eligible for removal as "inactive". This is the first time we are finally able to act on this policy, due to skipped elections and such.

The past two elections were the 2013 Board vote and the 2012 Board vote. (The 2013 Charter vote was not not held.) These members did not vote in those two elections are are therefore candidates for removal:

Bob Basque
Chris Holmes

César Medina

Eric Lemoine

G.Hanumantha Rao

Gary Sherman

Geoff Zeiss

Hardeep S. Rai

Haris Kurtagic

Helton Uchoa

Jackie Ng

James MacGill

Jan-Oliver Wagner

Jean-Roc Morreale

Jo Walsh

John Graham

Jorge Gustavo Rocha

Justin Bronn

Lorenzo Becchi

Luis W. Sevilla

Mark Cave-Ayland

Martin Davis

Paolo Cavallini

Rafael Medeiros Sperb

Rich Steele

Rob Atkinson

Schuyler D. Erle

Tim Sutton

Wolf Bergenheim

Note that removal due to inactivity should not be considered a "hostile" act nor should I reflect poorly on the individual removed. Rather, this process is simply intended to keep the set of charter members robust and current. We recognize that people's careers and interests change over time.

As this is the first time we're taking this action, and as I'm no longer technically on the board, I'm going to ask for the board's recommendation on how to proceed. Options are:

(1)  do nothing – keep these members on the active list

(2)  send them emails asking them if they want to be removed or if they want to stay on (response required within 7 days, else default removal)

(3)  remove them, and send a mail indicating they have been removed due to inactivity

(4)  remove them, without attempt at notification

(5)  do nothing for now – board to discuss matter at future meeting

Because it is possible these people were missed for administrative reasons (incorrect email addresses, incorrect vote tabulations) I suggest option 2.

The board with  to deal with this informally by email right now, or wait and take a formal vote at the next meeting.

I serve at the pleasure of the Board, and am happy to act on the above as however the Board in their collective wisdom sees fit to direct me.

-mpg

Re: Potential inactive members - action requested

Frank Warmerdam
Michael,

I'm most comfortable with option (2).

Best regards,
Frank

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Michael Gerlek <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
I also vote for option 2)

Best regards,
Bart

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2013, at 9:03 PM, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)

+1 for option 2

Best

--
Jorge Sanz
@xurxosanz

Sent from my phone, sorry for top posting, bad quoting, etc.

El 16/09/2013 22:07, "Cameron Shorter" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Ravi Kumar-2
Hi Board Members,
May I request to seek the opinion of the concerned inactive charter members as, 'the last call'.
In the list below, pl take good care not to include those who have voted for the Charter 2013.
It is a fact that in-spite of voting, OSGeo has set a good example accepting all those nominated for the charter 2013.
Ravi Kumar

Re: Potential inactive members - action requested

Jachym Cepicky

My +1 for option [2] with response period extendet to 3 weeks. If this should "save" one or two of our souls, than it's worth

Thank you Michael

Jachym

Send from cellphone

Michael Gerlek <[hidden email]>napsal/a:

[...]

Daniel Morissette

+1 for option 2, and I like Cameron's suggestion of extending the period to 3 weeks, perhaps with a second email reminder halfway in that period.

Daniel

[...]

http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: Potential inactive members - action requested

Anne Ghisla-2
On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 05:49:45 -0400 (EDT)
"Daniel Morissette" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for option 2, and I like Cameron's suggestion of extending the
> period to 3 weeks, perhaps with a second email reminder halfway in
> that period.

+1 from me, with 3 week time.

> Daniel

Anne