PostgreSQL Performance

PradeepKanth

Dear Team,

Could you please help me, after changing the below parameters in PostgreSQL configuration file it was not reflecting in OS level and also Database performance is degrading.

Example: I am using Windows 2008 R2 server with PostGIS database .For PostgreSQL I have allocated 24GB RAM out of 32GB.

However after changing the below parameters, In task bar it is showing 2.7GB Utilization even though my utilization is more.

So kindly suggest us, whether it will impact or not in Open source PostgreSQL with PostGIS database

max_connections = 100

shared_buffers = 512MB

effective_cache_size = 24GB

work_mem = 110100kB