Postgis upgrade problem

Marco Barbieri
Hi,
I have upgraded postgres and postgis on Debian from postgresql-9.4-postgis-2.1 to postgresql-9.5-postgis-2.2 package.

I'm trying to create postgis extension in a database (CREATE EXTENTION postgis;) and here is the answer I get:

ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.1": No such file or directory

I have no data in postgres at all, so I could remove all postgresql-postgis packages. I tryed to do so and reinstalled everything, but with the same result.

Thanks for help.

Marco Barbieri / Cartografo
+39 050 55 25 74 / +39 347 683 03 13

Webmapp is made by:
Net7
Via Marche 10 / 56123 Pisa
P.Iva e CF 01577590506
CCIAA di Pisa n. 01577590506 del 26/04/2001
Capitale Sociale 10.000,00 €

Re: Postgis upgrade problem

Regina Obe

What does your

SELECT version();

Say?

I'm thinking you might have two PostgreSQL running and it's pointing at the 9.4 which had 2.1 removed and not your 9.5 one that has 2.2

Hope that helps,

Regina

Re: Postgis upgrade problem

pcav
Il 23/09/2016 08:23, Regina Obe ha scritto:

> What does your
>

> SELECT version();
>

> Say?
>

> I'm thinking you might have two PostgreSQL running and it's pointing at
> the 9.4 which had 2.1 removed and not your 9.5 one that has 2.2

On Debian installing a new PostgreSQL version does not remove the
previous one, but makes it listening on an higher port, so possibly
you're using the wrong one.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu